Problem with Photos - Banners - Avatars?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Haunt Master

Problem with Photos - Banners - Avatars?

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:38 pm

If any of you halloweeners/haunters can't add and upload photos, banners, or avatars here - No problem! Then our Ghostess will do all the work for you!

If you have any pics of your own props, masks and costumes, yard displays, etc. that you want to post here, please let Ghostess knows. She can take pics by email, or else you can also point your own PhotoBucket to her, and she can snag them from there. Also, you can send your own photo copies to her via First Class mail if you wish. She will have them scanned, posted, and put back in the mail, then send back to you within 48 hours.

If you have any questions, just let Ghostess knows, and she will be more than glad to answer all back to you! :D ghostess@howloweenqueen.com

ghostess
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Problem with Photos - Banners - Avatars?

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 am

I can make simple banners for anyone who wants one for their website. I'm not a graphic designer or anything, but I can throw together something simple with whatever picture, back ground, color or font you want. It gives me a chance to practice more on Photoshop and learn all the different tools it has, but it won't be professional and perfect. I made one for GrimReaper for his topsites, and I worked several samples for a couple of other people, plus made mine and the one for the Florida Haunters site. It's just something I am throwing out there to anyone who needs one or wants one, but doesn't have the time/tools to do it themselves.

As far as helping with pictures, for people who don't have a scanner or digital camera and have no way of getting their Halloween pictures onto the computer or the internet, anyone who wants to mail them to me and (trust me to return them) can do so, and I'll scan and remail them within 2 days (mail running days) of receiving them. Then I can either create a Photobucket account for you, or I can email them to you and you can do whatever you want with them. Keep in mind, I'm only doing this as a favor for my Halloween comrades, so please don't bombard me with pictures that aren't Halloween related.

And for Avatars and getting pictures posted here, I'm not a moderator, so I can only help you with which buttons to click on and what to type (or cut and paste). :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:56 pm

OK, I can do some Halloween and Horror avatars - BUT not all of the avatars I know out there. If anyone wants to add avatar in the profile, please feel free to ask me. You can always send me a PM or go ahead email me: cerlists@webtv.net

And, be sure to name the avatar you wish to choose from...

Witch
Vampire
Ghost
Skeleton
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Chucky the Doll
Captain Spaulding
Rob Zombie
Gremlin
Gothic
Skull
Michael Myers
Freedy Krueger
Jason Voorhees
Leatherface
Mummy
Zombie
Corpse

... and some more - You can always tell me any kinds of avatars you wish to pick yourself and I will see if I can find out from there. :D 8)

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Well, I'm bringing this old thread back up here again... I was saddened to hear from Ghostess that she is not doing any more photo work for me, so I advice you not to make any deals with her at all. So, I'm still looking for someone else to help me to scan and upload the photos for me since I only have my own WebTV which cannot upload any pics at all. I know it sounds funny, but if any one of you think you can help me out, then please lemme know. It doesn't matter if you have PhotoBucket.com or any other photo sites that you can add mine pics! ;)

Thank you for taking your time to read! :)

Chris aka Haunt Master

P.S. If you are very happy to help me with my photos, please feel free to send me a PM or just go ahead and email me anytime: cerlists@webtv.net

I hope to hear one of you guys sooner or later. ;)

HorrificHeather
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by HorrificHeather » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:54 pm

I'm having a little trouble getting my avatar the right size. What is the best long side by short side pixel length? I keep going over, or it just seems really small. Thanks!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Ohh, I wish to do anything to assist you, but you have to contact HalloweenCom for this avatar problem. :D

HorrificHeather wrote:I'm having a little trouble getting my avatar the right size. What is the best long side by short side pixel length? I keep going over, or it just seems really small. Thanks!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am

Hi,
It can be 140 by 140 max, so if you make the longest size 140 and let your program (e.g. Photoshop) scale the other side appropriately then it will look like normal. You could also just crop it to 140 by 140 too.

HorrificHeather wrote:I'm having a little trouble getting my avatar the right size. What is the best long side by short side pixel length? I keep going over, or it just seems really small. Thanks!
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris