Is Halloween Dying?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Horror Flicks
Vampire

Is Halloween Dying?

Post by Horror Flicks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 pm

It seems as if Halloween is dying here on this Halloween.com Forums. No one is even posting and replying out here, for God's sake! :( How are things in the rest of the country? Where is all the spirit at?? :evil:

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Is Halloween Dying?

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 am

It's like this in here during the spring...

Welcome to our (temporary) ghost town. :)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

I've been poking around on here at least once a day, just that sometimes there's really nothing for me to respond to on here, or else I'm lazy, or I just can't think of anything to say at the moment.
As Andy put it, this is "ghost town season" which was originally a concept thought up by Nos.
Besides, we aren't dead. We're UNdead. :lol: Give it time, spring and summer is like sunshine to vampires, our fellow ghosts and ghouls will be out of their coffins and caskets and sarcofogases (sorry, I'm not a spelling bee winner) before you know it!
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Glad to hear about this Halloween isn't dying.

I don't know what else to say something because I'm very new to this Halloween forum and never had any experiences with any kind of forums like that. My cousin referred me to this. I always help him out with all of his Haunt stuffs and yard display every year in October. It is big fun.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 am

Gak! Ack! Ugh... GASP...

Okay, so my impression of dying sounds better aloud...

Not really dying. It's just slow. I haven't really done much for this year... all that house junk seems to be taking up all my time (and money) lately. Don't worry about it being slow. Things generally pick up around August or September. =)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:54 pm

I don't think Halloween will ever "die" per se, but it is June. Many are preparing for the 4th of July, myself included. I am planning to go pick up some fireworks as soon as I have the oomph to do it. I also plan to take a couple of trips to the beach ( Lake Michigan, not the ocean) as soon as the doctor gives me a good bill of health. I also have a motorcycle that's in serious need of some engine work, and last but by no means least, this is the Summer I am buying a new video camera. I'm hoping ot make good use of that in October, not to mention my Halloween motorcycle ride. I need to have the bike hitting on all 6 cfylenders, though.

So it's not like the Halloeen spirit is dieing, it's just that many people are enjoying the Summer and are engaged in Summer activities.

Mike

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Ok, I guess we all should say Halloween ISN'T dying.... YET! lol

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Don't curse it now! We want Halloween to stay alive. Or undead. or whatever. :lol:
Some of us do have concerns about certain Halloween traditions dying out due to religious advocates. Like Trick or Treating which is considered dangerous especially if you go alone.
Then you have to worry about your pets too and make sure they don't get out.
But if people are that worried about pets, they shouldn't have festivals then. The loud music and the thousands of people walking around all day is going to stir up the cats as well if not more than little ghosts and ghouls knocking on the door.
Even my own mother stopped taking me trick or treating at some point and opted to just buy our own Halloween candy. I've gotten to enjoy handing it out to the kids though.
Back then of course I lived out in the boon docks and there was no trick or treating. Sometimes my stepfather's brother would bring his kid up in a costume and we'd give him some candy. Hey, one trick or treater's better than none right?
At least that's one nice thing about living in town, Trick or treating, but then again I miss the country too.
I don't think people will stop having halloween parties and get togethers though. Churches and local schools will have "trunk or treating" and while it may not be as fun as Trick or Treating, at least it's better than nothing. For some kids it means extra candy.
Actually, I remember one year my parents took me to a Halloween event at a new store that opened and all the trick or treating was in the store. It was fun, but they only did it once.
Hosting a charity is a good way to keep the spirit of Halloween alive. And I plan to help decorate the college campus this fall!

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Halloween_Girl
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_Girl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 pm

hahahahaha! halloween? DYING?! XD dont be silly! i try my best to get on amap! year round i work and work on halloween halloween halloween. HEnce my parents nickname fer me, halloween girl. haha
Beware Beware your in for a scare
The chair is rocking but nobodies there
The owls are mocking the Ghost are stocking
Beware Beware your in for a scare!

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I don't think it's as big as it was back when I was kid (we've had this conversation a few times here), but it's still a huge holiday. I think if it does seem like it's dying it's just because we're obsessed with it year round and everyone else isn't. It's all relative :)

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Halloween remains forever, the best Halloween ever!

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 am

It's difficult being in the Halloween zone when the sun is blazing out side and those dark, misty nights seem a world away.
Before you know it though, the days will start getting shorter, the leaves will fall from the trees and the usual Halloween.com hordes will shuffle back to the message boards.
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

Horror Flicks
Vampire

Post by Horror Flicks » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Ok, everybody....

Haunt master said that Halloween is NOT dying anymore at all! ;-) What he said! :-)

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am

Is Halloween dying? Over my dead body! :lol:

There's only ONE thing that's bad about Halloween...is that following Halloween is winter! :shock:

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 pm

No way! Halloween is NOT dying! :x
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein