cheap lighting idea

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
finlee
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

cheap lighting idea

Post by finlee » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:04 pm

I was sat playing on the computer this morning bored out of my tiny mind when I suddenly had an idea. I wanted flashing eyeballs and decided that ping-pong balls would work. I bought some, and at the moment have only done one pair, melted a hole in the back of them with a soldering iron and then slipped them over some xmas twinkle lights. Looked ok, but then I had another idea, got a sheet of polystyrene and melted 2 holes the width apart of the holes in the ping-pong balls, poked the lights through and put the balls onto them. It's looking really good and only cost the price of the ping-pong balls. Hope it looks as good as I think it will on Halloween (will put a black cloth in front of it to hide them) :D

Stranger with candy
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Stranger with candy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:21 pm

that sounds very similar to a string of lights that I've had for years and years. I think your ping pong idea is perfect for replacing my few missing eyeballs. I had just tossed the string aside and accepted the fact that they were history.

By the way, mine are tied together by twos using zip ties, just in case that helps your idea along.