What made you sad today?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
The Duchess
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What made you sad today?

Post by The Duchess » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

The repair bill for my auto!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Duchess
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:25 pm

We have a car down too, that does suck!! I hate spending money on that!! :(

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am

My car and motorcycle are both running great, but they are also almost due for oil changes. I'm going to take care of the Harley because I'm taking it up to Minnesota, and then I'm going to take care of the car when I get back.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

I have to start working once a week in a dept I hate, then I have to cover for a week in that dept in Aug......
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Spookymufu wrote:I have to start working once a week in a dept I hate, then I have to cover for a week in that dept in Aug......
Do you ever get to put the merchandise on the shelf or do you just bring in shopping carts?
我想念我的家

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:38 pm

LOL, I don't do either of those, they hire kids to do the carts. I work in the warehouse, but one night a week now I will have to work in the electronics area where security watches you and everything has to be documented, its a PITA!
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 am

When I worked at Martiel Fields back in 82, it was exactly like that. Security people were constantly auditing my cash register, constantly telling me that "If we catch you trying to steel money from the cashregister.....or any merchandise.....we're sending you to prison. The job was only temporary for the Christmas season. In about two weeks time, I made that rat hole thousands of dollars, and the "stupendous" hourly rate they paid me, made it possible for me to take hom a wonderful, wopping, stupendous and all so generous 32 dollars for 2 weeks work. The manager told one of the women working security that "He only got 32 bucks, so I want you to audit his register more often then you usualy do," which is what she did. Paid in garbage, and treated like a criminal. That's a GREAT WAY to treat your employees.

Martial Fields went out of business. Good riddence to bad rubbish. After my experience working there, I made it a point never to shop there for anything. Not even Frango Mints. And that was just my last two weeks. You wouldn't believe some of the harassment by supervisors, managers and store security I had to endur from Octover 1st through December 24th.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 am

basically what I will be doing is checking in the high end electronics inventory, TVs, iPads, DVD/Bluray players, iPods, ects and it all has to be done in front of the security cameras so they can see I am not stuffing and iPod into my underwear. I also have to document all the serial numbers on them, put the security wraps on them and carry the keys to all the security areas where I need access to....it's all a pain in the bum.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah I went to college to avoid job like that. I would rather drive truck.
我想念我的家

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm

LOL, nice back-handed insult

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm

No insult but that is why I went but I was working at a car wash a year ago so I was in the same position as you. :lol:
我想念我的家

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 am

^^ I dont know what you think i do but I make more then minimum wage and I actually have a somewhat skilled job in my store, not some cart pusher making $6/hr or whatever...so yes, it really was an insult, but it's okay, I dont think you really meant it to be

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Li H'Sen Chang wrote:Yeah I went to college to avoid job like that. I would rather drive truck.
So did I. Didn't make a difference for me.

But then, they aren't queuing up to pay a Philosophy Major six figures. Should have spent my time learning how to buy businesses and then leach all the money out of them before driving them into bankruptcy instead of all that navel pondering.

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 am

My new company that I'm in love with and bragged about to everyone as the best job I ever had fired me yesterday. Wrongfully so, but it still happened and there's not much I can do about it. Now I'm 6 months pregnant and unexpectantly out of a job so yeah...I'm kinda sad today.
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am

Aww! SpookyBlackKat thats awful, but when one door closes a new one usually open, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!! I hope you find a much better place if you decide to go back to work, I loved staying home with my babies, not everyone can but it is totally worth it if you can!! :wink: