Whatcha watchin right now?

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Whatcha watchin right now?

Post by Kolchak » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:15 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Currently watching the SyFy special 'Aliens On The Moon: Truth Exposed'.

I only want to know one thing... if there really are aliens living on the moon, how come Kolchak ain't up there blasting them outta the sky? 'Protect and Serve' buddy.

ME? I can't keep the aliens from crossing the border. What makes you think I can stop E.T.?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 am

Have you tried putting a sign on the border that says 'No Entry'? And if you do see E.T., don't let him borrow your cell-phone.

I just finished watching 'Elvira's Haunted Hills' and am gonna watch it again, because... why the heck not?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Have you tried putting a sign on the border that says 'No Entry'? And if you do see E.T., don't let him borrow your cell-phone.

I just finished watching 'Elvira's Haunted Hills' and am gonna watch it again, because... why the heck not?
Unpleasant dreams...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:35 am

Speaking of E.T....Wasn't it lame when they used CGI to erase the guns the Men in Black were holding? I have a sci-fi comedy movie called My Science Project, that came out in 1985. In the VHS box the cover photo showed the actors holding guns. When I bough the DVD 10 years later the box art had erased the actors holding guns, but the actors using the guns were still in the movie, and the guns were an important to the plot. What dingleberry thinks of doing stuff like that?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 am

Oh, my husband was very upset with Spielberg about that.

Something else Spielberg did through his anti-gun philosophy was to falsify the ending of Schindler's List. You know, when the Nazis with guns hear the news of the end of the war, and the Jewish people they are "guarding" look at them defiantly, and, just by the power of their moral authority, get the Nazis to melt away? My husband said that in fact, Schindler had given his workers guns. So their moral authority in that moment was backed up by defensive weapons.

Spielberg himself is Jewish. He ought to appreciate that the first thing Hitler did when he came to power was to confiscate guns.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I also found it strange that so many movies digitally erased the World Trade Towers after 911. Were we supposed to forget they ever exited? I find it oddly comforting when I watch a movie where you can still see them.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:33 pm

NeverMore wrote:
I also found it strange that so many movies digitally erased the World Trade Towers after 911. Were we supposed to forget they ever exited? I find it oddly comforting when I watch a movie where you can still see them.
Yes.

The post attack scene from independence day is a slow pan of the NY skyline with the tops of the twin towers damaged and smoldering.

Still conjures up tears to watch that part.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Oh, my husband was very upset with Spielberg about that.

Something else Spielberg did through his anti-gun philosophy was to falsify the ending of Schindler's List. You know, when the Nazis with guns hear the news of the end of the war, and the Jewish people they are "guarding" look at them defiantly, and, just by the power of their moral authority, get the Nazis to melt away? My husband said that in fact, Schindler had given his workers guns. So their moral authority in that moment was backed up by defensive weapons.

Spielberg himself is Jewish. He ought to appreciate that the first thing Hitler did when he came to power was to confiscate guns.
You just have to wonder just what rich Hollywood types have been breathing? In no way am I trying to minimize what happened in Europe during WWII, where the Nazis are concerned. Only a fool and an idiot would paint the death camps in a light other than brutal and inhuman. Animals don't behave that bad. But just as Schindler armed some of his workers and the Nazi camp guards knew it was time to get out of Dodge, it was the "Liberating" Soviet troops who actually killed Schindler.

Spielberg glosses over this fact. During the time of Stalin and before him, Lenin, Jewish persecution was rampant in the Soviet Union. The total number of dead Jews under these two butchers probably outnumbered how many the Nazis killed, but we'll never know for sure because of the reluctance on the part of historians and leftist academics who are quick to make allowances for what happened in the USSR.

Spielberg seems in many ways to mirror old Nazi ideals. In his mind he sees himself as better than the rest of us, and we should all say and do as he decrees. I can assure you the small private army that Spielberg uses to guard him and his family are armed and even though he would disarm the average man in a heartbeat, rest assured he and his fellow Hollywood big wigs would still be able to afford the best protection money can buy.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Estimates are that 30,000,000 died in Ukraine in the 1930s. Yet to this day, Communism is still defended by many.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:02 am

Yes, my mother educated me about Stalin's death camps. I guess one reason they didn't get much publicity back in the day was that, technically, Stalin was an ally during WWII.

I think many people on the Left are essentially elitists, although I doubt many of them recognize that trait in themselves.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 pm

I also find it amusing that people think that both ideologies are on opposite sides of the spectrum. They aren't. The Nazis and the Communists had treaties detailing what countries in Europe each would control. Also most of the propaganda from both movements were nearly identical. I suggest watching "The Soviet Story" to see what I mean.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Watching the Wolfman (2010).

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 am

Watching 'Bones', season 2, episode 19... 'Spaceman in a Crater'. Piece of advice, don't start watching this episode while eating spaghetti. For that matter, probably not a good idea to eat anything while watching any episode of this show.

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 am

Watching The Blair Witch Project. It was okay in my opinion. I want to get into more of the classic Halloween movies though.

Watching Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Hallmark is showing all of the Good Witch movies today.