Keysville Cemetery and me

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Keysville Cemetery and me

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 pm

South of Steelville by several miles is Keysville Mo. The Keysville cemetery is laid out on a downward hill. In 1996, my friend Johnny and I went there once in the middle of the night. We were on our way to a bar called the roadhouse to see about the females there but we stopped there as I had not seen it up to then and he knew my fascination for the eerie and macabre. I just casually walked along the rows, trying not to step on the graves themselves. Its hard to do the way they were spaced. But I heard a small child crying 'mommy...mooommy."

The hair stood on my neck a tad but I just tried to pinpoint exactly what location in the darkness it was coming from. I told Johnny about it after the crys ceased, and we both just kind of marveled at it. It is now 14 years later and I was hanging out with Johnny and his girlfriend last week when I brought that night up. He told me that he hadn't told me before but there is an actual legend that a Child from that area in the 1800's fell down a deep hole, be it a well or an old mine shaft during a time when this land was rich with Iron. No one was certain about what kind of hole it was he said. As the story went, you could listen very carefully and hear a child crying almost every 5 minutes, but not everyone heard it. Just some. Well I believe I did 14 years ago.

I do believe in spiritual beings being an incredible form of energy. I do believe that some spirits can get stuck on this planet. I always have. It's a bit tragic, well except for the a hole spritrs.Johnny and I are going to go back after 14 years. This time I intend to slowly approach the very area from which the voice emanates, even if I have to walk into the woods in the black of night.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Re: Keysville Cemetery and me

Post by iHaunt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Got any pics of Keysville Cemetery? We'd like to see! :D

Catzilla
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Catzilla » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:02 am

Yes....please do if possible....share some pics :P

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:14 am

Your story gave me goosebumps, but it also made me sad. A little child, crying for its mother all this time. I want to believe that children's spirits go to God and are surrounded by love always, not stuck in the dark, alone.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm

I will try and get pictures, we'll be going at night but we'll take day time pics some time.

It is sad. I believe children are entitled immunity from the sentencing that some adults are handed out after death. That is just my personal belief and I won't break any rules by opening up a topic on religion so please guys, lets not take that fork in the road in this conversation...even though I just did, lol.

But soemhow, ghosts are the spirits that get stuck. And I believe the best thing we could do if at all possible is to try to make them aware because once they reach a state of awareness, they can move on. It sounds just like Ghost Whisperer I know but that theory has existed long before the show.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 pm

If my spirit gets stuck on Earth I'd prefer it be an amusement park instead of a cemetery.

Good to see you back, Nos. :D
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Thank you Andy. Yeah of all places to be stuck, a cemetery off the side of the road in BFE with nothing but pitch black at night.

If I must be stuck anywhere that is gloomy, i'd at least want it to be the mourge or the funeral home. Because if I were able to move matter, what fun that would be scaring the white into peoples hair. :D

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:38 pm

If you do go back, try to bring a video camera or audio recording device. It would be something if you heard the voice again, and were able to record it. Would love to see some pics too.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Good idea. Will do. Here's hoping we catch something.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:34 pm

I definately want to make a "haunted road trip" out to Keysvilld Misouri when I get a chance.

Mike

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:12 pm

If you ever do let me know, my friend and I will also show you a possesed cabin out near Cook Station. Been there twice. Sounds unbelievable, but those are the only two supernatural spots I can vouch for.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:08 am

I will definately keep that in mind. Illinois also borders Misouri, so I just might be able to swing that one.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I will definately keep that in mind. Illinois also borders Misouri, so I just might be able to swing that one.

Mike
Mike, do you know who is Adam from Haunted Illinois? And, Larry Kirscher from Haunt World?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am

I can't really day that I know either of those guys, iHaunt. Nither name rings a bell.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:24 pm

That's okay, Mike. ;) Just asking because they both do live in Illinois and they do run their haunted shows. :D