KINNEY0201
Ghost

Trying to find correct Freddy Krueger Costume

Post by KINNEY0201 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi,
My son wants to be Freddy Krueger for Halloween. I found what I thought was the perfect costume, however, when it arrived, it was totally different than the one pictured. I regretfully purchased from lady_in_red_2004 on Ebay. She claimed packaging was just different. When you see the difference in the photos, you'll know how far from the truth that was. Buyers beware!

Anyway, I need some help finding the one that I want (my son wants). I need someone to verify that the actual costume pictured is available and where it can be purchased. Has someone actually purchased and worn this one? Do you have pics? I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I have attached 2 photos. The one that says "Freddy's Costume Kit" is THE CORRECT ONE THAT I WAS TRYING TO BUY. The fake looking one is the other that I recieved instead.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
Wrong Costume
Wrong Costume
Wrong Costume.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 7488 times
Correct Costume
Correct Costume
Freddy's Costume Kit.jpg (53.81 KiB) Viewed 7488 times

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Trying to find correct Freddy Krueger Costume

Post by OctoberChill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Unfortunately I've never seen the one that you want. The one you got however is the most prevalent costume I've seen. It's at all the Halloween stores. At Halloween USA they did have just the sweater by itself, which was nice, as well as a higher quality glove. The masks left much to be desired though.

I wish I could be of more help but I just haven't ever seen that kit before. I'm sorry you were deceived! It happens to the best of us. The sweater and glove of the one you received don't seem too bad though. I would a.)check any halloween stores around you for another mask, or b.) see if you can find the Freddie makeup kit. If done right the makeup looks 100 times better and will most likely be less expensive than a mask.

When I get a chance tonight I'm going to look around online and see if I can find the one you like. It's gotta be out there somewhere.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:02 pm

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 am

my brother got a great mask and claw from spirit last year but i haven't seen it in there this year... but the store near you may have it
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!