Ive been SHOPPING!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Ive been SHOPPING!

Post by wendythewitch » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:40 pm

yea, i mean.....YEA! oh gosh i love it...today i finally located the Halloween store...they move it every dang year. i was a little dissapointed in it actually...cant remember which it was..not halloween spirit....some other.. it was the bare bones of halloween paraphanalia..but i did get what i went there for....I GOT MY COP HAT! and my hubby's prisoner costume.. his came with handcuffs too. i think i'll hang those from my belt since he wont want to wear them....if so, why..we'll just get another pair!
i got all psyched about halloween thanks to this site and my little shopping trip, so i brought out one of my boxes from storage and started sorting out what i want for each room. we're having an autopsy room, a funeral parlor and butcher shop this year. we also have to build the electric chair. we sat and took some measurements and made a list of what lumber we need to buy. everyone is gonna love having thier picture taken there. just think, since i'm planning on being the cop, i could be in ALL the pictures! jk...we were tossing around the idea of having the old timey stocks..you know, the kind where your head and hands go in the holes...but there isnt room for it AND the electric chair. i've taken down the art in the living room to make the walls ready for scene setters. i have three formal looking ones that look like framed portraits that will look good in the funeral parlor. my girlfriend has agreed to work on some flower arrangements to surround the casket. we made one last year from large cardboard boxes. we had a dreadful looking creature in it last year, but this year i want it to look realistic. im still trying to figure out a cheap way to make a body. i have a life size skeleton to use for the body, but i need a HEAD...its hard finding one with eyes closed, i did see one today with eyes that look sewn shut..the mouth also...i think i might have to buy that one. well, i've run out of room on this post......

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Ive been SHOPPING!

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Awesome! Sounds like you got lots of great stuff :) BTW I LOVE the electric chair idea!!!
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:53 am

yea same here!! i'd love to get a hold of an electric chair
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:56 am

Wow three separate themes man I get overly tired with trying to get new ideas for my Haunted Eries Acres cemetery. And good luck with your set up this year and you came to the right Halloween forum. :)
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 am

i just can't wait to see everyone's pictures :)

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm

i'll be taking pics for sure. i'll post them here...i'll be excited to show them off! last year the coffin was black, but i think im going to spray paint it silver or gold to look like a real coffin. any ideas for making it look real would be appreciated. i have a big white silky table cloth i will line it with. i need to find a way to make it padded around the edges. last year the rough edges were ok since it was a creepy coffin, but this year im going for the realistic look. i have to find a silk edge blanket to put over the body too. i bought some hands, but they are both right handed! lol. maybe he can be an amputee! with just one hand....we'll see.
i have a friend making a sign for over the electric chair that will read "old sparky"...i told her to make it big enough to be visible in the pics....im getting velcro straps to go around the hands and chest. wouldnt want the hassle of a real belt and buckles.
so any ideas would be great.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 pm

wendythewitch wrote:yea, i mean.....YEA! oh gosh i love it...today i finally located the Halloween store...they move it every dang year.
Did you check at the Eastwood Mall? Last year there was one in the plaza behind the mall. There was also one in the Austintown Plaza. Can't remember the name of the place but the party supply store in Boardman usually has pretty good Halloween stock. It's on 224 just west of Market. On the north side of the street.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:26 pm

ahhhh, your from around here? small world huh? the one i went to is next to gander mountain by eastwood mall. didnt it used to be next to K-mart, in the same building? i usually went to the one by north road and 422 but it isnt going to be there this year. ive been to the one in austintown before, it was a good one. do you know if it was halloween spirit, or halloween U.S.A? ive never gone to the one in boardman...its kind of far for me. im in warren. if found some good stuff at the Party-On stores too.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 pm

wendythewitch wrote:ahhhh, your from around here? small world huh? .
Actually, I live in San Diego but make frequent trips back there to see the folks. Usually in mid October since we have a lot of birthdays around that time, including mine. Don't remember the names of the stores I went to last year but I think they were off brand. I just now remembered that there were two stores in Niles, one may have been a Halloween USA? Don't remember seeing any Spirit Stores.

I like checking out Halloween stores in other parts of the country. Sometimes they carry things we don't see around here. I have 9 Spirit stores within 30 miles of my house and they all have the same thing. There are a bunch of other mega-stores and a few small ones but they also carry pretty much the same things as the Spirit Stores. The only store that usually has something different seems to have moved up to the LA area this year.

magnolia
Ghost

Post by magnolia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 am

Me,too. I start my halloween shopping too. i decide to buy some costumes and decorations from online. I found this store:www.milanoo.com. They sell some decorations and costumes. Their free shipping is wonderful for me.

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 am

thats cool, the stuff i bought online i had to pay 9.99 for shipping, i wish i had gone there first. i bet they would have had the same stuff i bought. im kicking myself now....i have a list of things i need to buy, but not all of it from a halloween store. some i can get right at wal-mart. even goodwill is a good source for buying costume stuff. im looking for a blue mens shirt for my cop costume. the short sleeve kind and i'll get some patches for the sleeves. i figure they dont even have to be cop patches,,something funny would be even better, cuz from a distance you would get the same effect. there is a marajuana paraphenalia store near here that sells iron on patchs with funny sayings on them...i'll check them out first. i need so much stuff still..little stuff like silver spray paint for the coffin, white thumb tacks for holding in the lining, i think i'll buy a white skirt for under it. or else just use a cheap white table cloth, but then i have to make it look gathered like a skirt. so much to buy.....so little time...lol :shock:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:20 am

you mean a Head Shop Wendy? lol yea wal mart in my town is really lack luster this year. that dont' have ANY decorations :( just a lot of costumes... .that's it!

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 am

yea yea..a head shop, thats the ticket! now, why was i in there? shoot..i cant remember...hmmmm
lol

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:32 am

hmmmm you forgot too!! lol maybe we met each other, hung out, got something to eat late taht night...... and forgot AAAAALLLLL about it lol

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 am

lmao....i have CRS disease.....