Your theme for 2009

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Killing is my bussiness..
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Your theme for 2009

Post by Killing is my bussiness.. » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:30 pm

This will be my 8th year doing the "Haunted Deck". Past themes centered around pirates, evil clowns, The Devil's Rejects. This year I'm going for "It's so scary that if your kids' under 9 years old he's going to ruin his pants" Should be a banner year..........
And bussiness is good !!!

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 am

Very cool and interesting Themes, Hay adrian have you ever done or like the idea of a ice box fog machine. Didn't know if you tried or had an opinion of it I'm trying to make one this year just would like to have a second opinion I guess. Yeah this year I am thinking I'm going to be doing a major expansion of my Haunted Graveyard Scene, Complete with hand made tombstones (wood) mixed in with some huge tombstone, popping out skeletons, red lights a couple of strobe lights, Spider webs some 6ft figures. And about 2 to 3 fog machines I already have 1 but would like my scene to be more foggy. Some window decorations this year I will have pic up inside and out. So is everybody still doing there theme or have some changed?
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 am

that sounds cool :) yea i've built foggers (really just enhanced my own) using coolers, pvc pipes, and ect. check out the idea i went with on the one forum about foggers and fog juices.. it should be on the first page of the "view active topics"
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

kellyroux
Ghost

Post by kellyroux » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:59 pm

For christmas last year we bought a Gemmy Light Show. Then we bought another at half price after. It syncronizes lights and music and has an auxillary hookup. I ordered "Monster Rock and Roll show" cd and i am going to have 6 singing pumpkins with a LARGE monster pumpkin in the middle of the line. and i am going to have 6 singing ghosts, in a ghost ring. Towards the back of the yard I'm having BIG tombstones and ground fog. SOOOO MUCH TO DO

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:13 am

Yeah I know how that is trying to keep track and safe guard stuff. And welcome to the fourm glad to have you on here with us. :)
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 am

kellyroux wrote:For christmas last year we bought a Gemmy Light Show. Then we bought another at half price after. It syncronizes lights and music and has an auxillary hookup. I ordered "Monster Rock and Roll show" cd and i am going to have 6 singing pumpkins with a LARGE monster pumpkin in the middle of the line. and i am going to have 6 singing ghosts, in a ghost ring. Towards the back of the yard I'm having BIG tombstones and ground fog. SOOOO MUCH TO DO

that should be fun :) i was debating buying one this year. let us know how well it works with the halloween decorations :)

kandykayne
Zombie

Post by kandykayne » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi all!!
This is the first Halloween at my own place and I am sooo excited!! I have always been obsessed with Halloween but haven't been able to do much as far as decorating. I went out hunting yesterday and found this.

http://www.partycity.com/product/holida ... ers&page=2

I immediately began imagining all the fun I could have with this and can't wait until it's all done :mrgreen:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:47 pm

i remember (3 years ago) my first halloween out on my own :) I lived in a big house with 4 of my friends and we all went ALL OUT! it was so much fun! i hope you have a great time. be sure to post some pics of your place all decorated up when you get finished :)

kandykayne
Zombie

Post by kandykayne » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Wow that sounds fantastic! I'm in an apartment now so it's pretty small but I will definitely making the most of it, and I'll be sure to post some pics. I'll probably be working on it this weekend..I'm too anxious to wait any longer than that :roll:
"Life's no fun without a good scare"

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Last year it was spiders. I covered the outside of my house with huge spiders. This year I think I am going to try lighting. I am going to use orange, purple and green lights. My goal is to have different sections of my outside lit a different color. I have a 2 story house with the dormer windows on the 2nd floor. I think it will cast pretty cool shadows. I am going to keep my favorite spider things. I really liked the look last year.

Inside, I am going old haunted mansion. I am draping all the frunishings with white cloth. I am removing all un-Halloween items from the rooms ( Kitchen, Living room, Dining room and Bath) that party goers visit. I am adding old scary photos and odd jars of stuff and a few dead flowers and spider webs.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm

shanda wrote:Last year it was spiders. I covered the outside of my house with huge spiders. This year I think I am going to try lighting. I am going to use orange, purple and green lights. My goal is to have different sections of my outside lit a different color. I have a 2 story house with the dormer windows on the 2nd floor. I think it will cast pretty cool shadows. I am going to keep my favorite spider things. I really liked the look last year.

Inside, I am going old haunted mansion. I am draping all the frunishings with white cloth. I am removing all un-Halloween items from the rooms ( Kitchen, Living room, Dining room and Bath) that party goers visit. I am adding old scary photos and odd jars of stuff and a few dead flowers and spider webs.
The white cloth furniture covers have the added bonus of keeping party spills to a minimum. You can use inexpensive painters canvas tarps. The unbleached 'natural' ones look older because they aren't bright white. Look at Home Depot or Lowe's.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

kandykayne
Zombie

Post by kandykayne » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 am

I just got my first haul of Halloween goodies..I posted pics on the "Let's show our new stuff" topic under Halloween Decorating. The theme is Appointment at the Doctor's Office. :pale:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:28 am

oh cool a doctors office!! i've never thought about doing that.. if you feel like spending some money (i can't, i'm broke lol) but spirit halloween has a HUGE mad scientist animetronic thing thats $250 but WELL worth it. i mean the guy is huge and could possibly look cool in your set up... just a thought :)

kandykayne
Zombie

Post by kandykayne » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am

Oh no I might be in trouble haha..I will definitely need to check that guy out. Thanks for the tip!

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:16 pm

OOO! Good idea Andy. I have my party outside, but I like to have the entry and path to the bathroom well with the spirit. I am going to price different fabrics and go with CHEAP. I can always stain them if needed.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie