Make any Halloween purchases yet?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Make any Halloween purchases yet?

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Hello,

I know I do not post or come here often but here I am now.

I was curious if anyone has bought anything for Halloween 2009 yet? While it may seem early, it really is not that far away. When I put up my decorations (I didn't last year, because I think I peaked too early) it is all up by October 1st. And the light strings and everything else is lit up all month. When you look it in those terms, then it is just over two months away. The Halloween shops will be open even before that...

While I have not because as I alluded to earlier, I do not want to peak too soon and then be indifferent when it counts.

So what is the answer? Have you bought anything yet and if so what was it?

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been done. I did a brief glance and did not see it.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Make any Halloween purchases yet?

Post by jadewik » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 pm

I bought fabric for my costume in September of last year...

This year, I splurged and bought another glass bottle from Michael's and some of their Spookytown decorations-- my husband wants to use the decorations for a haunted gingerbread house.

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 pm

I have bought the stamps and paper for my Halloween party invites, and have already started making them. I have also bought a pumpkin scented candle that I am dying to burn.
I made a few after halloween purchases last year that will be new to me this year.
I am planning to make a trip to Home Depot to get the materials to make a mummy and a few spiders for the roof of my house before I start teaching again in 3 weeks. Tick Tick Tick.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:49 pm

I have not. I haven't seen anything Halloween in stores yet. Sadly, I probably won't be able to buy anything this year. as I am occupied with my studies.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 pm

I haven't bought anything yet, but that's only because none of the stores around here have put Halloween stuff out. No worries, though. That will change in the next week or so.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 pm

I highly recommend Visit Alarming Products To Find Out More Products There!

Free shipping on all orders over $50.00 by redeeming the coupon code: horr136567

Wicked Witch
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked Witch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm

I got some solar lights from Big Lots - You can hang them from trees - so that they look like glowing orbs - I am going to be working that into my display this year. But - there is not too much out in the stores here as of yet - I am hoping to see more when I go out this weekend.
The Wicked Witch

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't buy anything else, but we do buy online from The Paper Magic Group from PA. We do receive all orders directly to our Alarming Products.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Just the items from last weekends rummage sale. I posted pix in the flea market finds, thread.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Last week I bought a piece made of what I guess is tin. It's a classic Halloween scene. Spooky tree, bats, moon, jack o lanterns, ghost and tombstones. It's about a foot and a half tall.

I also bought an electronic "snow globe" except instead of snow, it's bats and has a big light up ghost inside. It lights up and makes some spooky noises. It's pretty cool. I got it at Garden Ridge. It was literally the first Halloween decoration they put up. I couldn't resist.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 pm

I just went today to Cracker Barrel and bought me a cool pumpkin night light and some pretty cool towels to handle cooking material. It looks pretty cool. Halloween is really not that far away, Usually I start small also not to burn out Usually now I just do maintenance look at last years props make sure there working, Add some touch up paint to some of my wood tombstones. And then the end of September most if not all the indoor decorations are put up.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

cwolfe83
Master Reaper

Post by cwolfe83 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Halloweennut08 wrote:I just went today to Cracker Barrel and bought me a cool pumpkin night light and some pretty cool towels to handle cooking material. It looks pretty cool. Halloween is really not that far away, Usually I start small also not to burn out Usually now I just do maintenance look at last years props make sure there working, Add some touch up paint to some of my wood tombstones. And then the end of September most if not all the indoor decorations are put up.
Your purchases sound cool. I'll have to check out our Cracker Barrel.

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 am

I''ll have to wait and see if there is any halloween stuff out there. if there is then im buying a few halloween sticker window decorations.
hello

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm

New Halloween Spooky House. Doesn't make noise, but has a lightening effect and other stuff on it. 25% off too!

Be afraid....be very afraid!

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Kudos for the Spooky house purchase! I love the Spookytown collection and getting one of those pieces at a discount is even better!

I was falsely lured to a moving sale yesterday with the promise of "several Halloween costumes/decorations/props." I just knew I was going to score big. Unfortunately, there was nothing but several old stuffed animals and a couple t-shirts. I was more than dissapointed. :(

So...I went to Goodwill in hopes of finding SOMETHING that would lift my spirits and managed to find one of those plug in JOL with a nasty grin. It's not a huge purchase by any means but I enjoy having him in my living room.
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/