More Martha Halloween Party Ideas!!

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
california ghoul
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

More Martha Halloween Party Ideas!!

Post by california ghoul » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm sorry if I'm going Martha Stewart crazy, but she's been doing a lot of Halloween stuff on her page lately. Now she has daily party ideas and you can see them here:
http://www.marthastewart.com/halloween- ... e_Homepage
I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus

witchy
Halloween Master

Re: More Martha Halloween Party Ideas!!

Post by witchy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi Agian,
Have you tried to make the Halloween tins? I made some a few years back with my daughters girl scout troop it was a lo of fun. I took small soup cans & cut the tops off & sanded them down, then the girls spray painted them orange. then I took an old can opener & made the triangle eyes, noses & made 4 triangle holes were the mouth went to make it look like teeth. We put scrolly wire at the top & a candle inside to make it glow. Very cool!!! Witchy

california ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by california ghoul » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

You know I haven't tried this idea yet because for some reason I thought you needed to use those Folger's coffee tins and I don't drink coffee. I'm so glad you told me about the soup can idea, but I need to sand them down huh? Hmm...is it to get the ridges off? In other words how much do I need to sand them? I should really try this idea out esp. now that I know even young children can do it. It just always seemed so complicated and as much as I love Martha, sometimes the instructions on the website can be a little too vague. Thanks so much!
I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus

Shawnodese
Ghost

Post by Shawnodese » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am

We love Martha Stewart halloween ideas... we collect her magazines each year and they are stored with our Halloween decor... its the first box that comes out each year! She is very creative!
HALLOWEEN... is there anything else to life?

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I'm glad you liked the idea of the soup cans. My best friend used tuna fish cans for her project. Glad to help!! Witchy

StationeryGuy
Zombie

Post by StationeryGuy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:09 pm

I didn't see an area to introduce myself so I guess I'll do it here. I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully but I want to disclose that I am an employee of Tiny Prints and not so coincidentally we launched out Halloween cards...today! URL to the Halloween cards is in my signature.

Thought it may be of some interest to the audience. I'll keep my subsequent comments more on track. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks!