Frustrated with cobwebs

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
empresstrahan
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by empresstrahan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am

So, how are the cobwebs holding up:?: Where are you at?
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead, go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Stranger with candy
Master Reaper

Post by Stranger with candy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 pm

ahhh, the art of cobwebbing <3 One of my favorite Halloween preparation projects.
My only advice is to become one with the web...err,or the spider, I'm not sure. Find a starting and finishing point (s) and delicately pull and hook, pull and hook.

I'm in Texas and we got a good storm yesterday, mine held up and almost looks even better than before :thumbsup:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:38 pm

Well Hell, did 2 awesome webs yesterday and then at 1am we got hit by a huge storm, it wasn't the rain that killed it though, it was the heavy winds :evil: So I took it all out of my tree where it had blown, and I'm going to wait till next week to put everything up,ug! Damn weather anyways! Oh and get this, shortly after putting it up, a real spider staked claim on it and was in it :lol:

empresstrahan
Zombie

Post by empresstrahan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:16 pm

well, hope that you get them back up and looking good in no time! I hate when that <deleted> happens!

and on the other one.....
Where at in Texas? I live in Winnie, about 50 miles east of Houston
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead, go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Stranger with candy
Master Reaper

Post by Stranger with candy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

awww, DOD, that stinks. The darn weather ruined my two flying ghosts that I had outside. the box did say to avoid extreme weather but realistically I'm not going to run out there and take them down every time I see a dark cloud. Luckily I had the boxes so I exchanged them to start fresh. Good ol' walmart. Now I'll wait until this passes to put them back up.

I've been cobwebbing inside tonight! :lol: I had the realization this morning that kiddo party day is only 10 short days away! I barely had a quarter of my stuff out.

empress, I'm in southwest Fort Worth :)

empresstrahan
Zombie

Post by empresstrahan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:06 am

Well, quite a ways-heh...
Yep, Wal-Mart is the best! It looks cloudy outside here today, which sux, because I just put all my stuff out yesterday, when it was gorgeous!

_Vampire_Princess--O
Zombie

Post by _Vampire_Princess--O » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:38 pm

*nods in agreement* I, too, hate the stretchy stuff they claim as cobwebs, but I suppose others love them. I love the realistic way they look, but puting them up... That's a WHOLE new vocabulary all together....... :evil:
__Vampire__

Stranger with candy
Master Reaper

Post by Stranger with candy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 am

I've decided to save all of my web from this year for next. I'm thinking that it's one of those things that might get even better with age...but I might be wrong. I started pulling down all of my glow web from our party room and it was so fine and well stretched, I just couldn't toss it. I usually yank it down and throw it away.