30 Days Of Night

Halloween and Horror Movies
hauntmaster

30 Days Of Night

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 pm

This film will come to the theaters tomorrow, October 19th. Check your local newspaper.

This is a story of a pack of vampires descends upon a town in Alaska just as the sun is about to set for 30 days. Let the blood-sucking begin! The cast includes Josh Hartnett and Melissa George.

This film is R-rating, and not so sure about the information on violence, gore, language, etc. Don't know the running time. You may want to check it out in the newspaper.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:12 pm

I thought this one looked pretty good. I'll probably see it but wait till it comes out on DVD.

Uncle POE
Master Reaper

Post by Uncle POE » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm

... or you can see it in its original format, the graphic novel of the same name.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:55 pm

OK, I'm back to post a little information here...

30 DAYS OF NIGHT OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.30daysofnight.com

And, this film contains strong horror violence and language. The running time is 113 minutes.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 pm

113 minutes?!?!?!?!?! Damn!!!!

After Titanic, I made a personal oath to myself never again to see a movie that was over 112 minutes!!!!

Shoot! and I was looking SOOO forward to this one, too! :cry:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Really, 113 minutes doesn't make me feel bad because it's only 1 hour and 53 minutes.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:44 am

No reviews yet?

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:24 pm

hippieluvn wrote:No reviews yet?

OK, here's the review:

I love vampire movies. This one looks like none of the rest. It takes place in a remote Alaska town that sees darkness for 30 days, due to the rotation of the Earth and all that jazz. This DOES happen up there! In fact, the opposite is witnessed in Pacino/William film "INSOMNIA".

Basically, vampires take advantage of the sunless days to feed and roar about. It looks awesome! Make-up looks great and the idea of the total darkness (which is a true occurance) is unique and should prove to be an entertaining narrative.

Even better, this film is everywhere in some "Drive-In!" October theater AND a vampire flick?! Hell yeah!

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Sounds like you liked it, huh?

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:54 pm

hippieluvn wrote:Sounds like you liked it, huh?

I would say I like this movie. It is very cool movie, but I really can't tell you this movie is very good, but you have to see it for youself.

_Vampire_Princess--O
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by _Vampire_Princess--O » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:12 pm

hey, is this a good movie? because i dont want to see it if it is going to be a waste of money and time.
__Vampire__

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Starts out promising, even subtle. But then the violence starts, with gore, mutilation, and torture.
Last edited by Cadaverino on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:58 pm

Did you SEE this, Cad? I thought it looked like something I might wanna see, but, hhmmmm......... I don't know now.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:34 am

that is why you never base an opinion on reviews, go see it then decide if it is a waste of money or time. :P
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:59 am

tantraman, how do you decide which movies to see and which not to see? I take it you don't go to every movie that's released, so you must employ some system to choose among the many. And I'm guessing it's more than how the ad in the newspaper looks. Do you not rely on what others — friends, critics — have thought about the movie when you make your choice?