Need some party ideas

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
HallowsHoney
Ghost

Need some party ideas

Post by HallowsHoney » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Hello!

I decided to have my very first Halloween party this year. What I would like to do is have a halloween bonfire. All of the guests are going to be in their early to mid 20's. would it be too much to have a bonfire and also and halloween party with costumes? What are some ways to make it a fun party that doesnt go over the top or seem like a kids party.

Thanks!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi , I have a few idea's, do your back yard up with carved pumkins, hay bails, fog machine & of cource fog juice all white liquor, WOW what a punch. Halloween music to start then change to somethig to dance too.
Take flash cards & write body parts on them & have couples pull cards Elbow to knee, lips to ear ect.... you get the idea. Hope this helps!! Witchy

Halliance
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halliance » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:46 am

When I host parties, I keep it pretty unstructured. If everybody knows everybody else, they'll have a great time. Witchy is right, begin with Halloween-themed music mixed with Rod Zombie, Ozzy, etc, then turn to more generic dance music later on.

Oh, make sure you have someone helping you host. Spouse, friend, etc - one time I did it all myself, and constantly went back and forth between groups, filling up munchie bowls and going outside to check on the fire, so I had an exhausting night and didn't have any fun at all.

Offer only one or two games (a tried and true is have everybody vote for best costume and place the ballots in a hat - offer prizes), but don't do too many games, or it will seen like a kid's party.

In my experience, a lot of people will stay inside when I start up a fire - I assume it'll be in your backyard? - but if you have only a dozen people or so they'll all eventually make their way outside. When I host Halloween parties, I begin indoors with music, munchies, etc. Then, at around ten or so, I start the fire. By then, everybody's been socializing for a while and eating, so the bonfire will be nice and relaxing.

I used to do door prizes and little grab bags as people walked in the door, but I found that a lot of people left them behind after the party, so I don't do that anymore.
They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
- Good ol' Poe