Costume for 2007

Chat about your costumes
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:30 pm

I want to be unique (got a rep to protect, ya know?) but I have to tell you...every single one of my "original" ideas has morphed into a commercial costume on some website. I was going to be Tippi Hedron from The Birds but they have that costume for sale now. Same with gothic Raggedy Ann and voodoo doll. Still scrambling to come up with something. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

RUScaredYet
Vampire

Post by RUScaredYet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm going to be Queen Elizabeth I. I have the gown, white facial makeup (for the ultra-pale skin of hers) and short, curly blonde wig which I'm going to spray red. I'm going to get the pearl jewelry later in October. I can't wait!

LawP - I was goth RaggedyAnn two years ago. That was fun.

HalloweenGeneral
Crypt Keeper

Post by HalloweenGeneral » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm thinking of either being a dead miner ( or quarry worker,cause thats my job) because I already have all the gear or a scarecrow with my big black dog as a giant crow, cause if you do the scarecrow just right you stand still and every one will think your a prop, then the scaring possibilities are endless! :twisted:
Nowhere more peacefull than a forest filled with the smell of Autumn and the spirit of Halloween.~Austin Davidson

portia319
Zombie

Post by portia319 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm

RUScaredYet wrote:I'm going to be Queen Elizabeth I. I have the gown, white facial makeup (for the ultra-pale skin of hers) and short, curly blonde wig which I'm going to spray red. I'm going to get the pearl jewelry later in October. I can't wait!

LawP - I was goth RaggedyAnn two years ago. That was fun.
What kind of face make up did you get? I'm going as Marie Antoinette and my next purchase is the make up. :P
Amber
Minneapolis, MN

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:13 pm

My costume is ordered, and I'm tracking it via FedEx. It was shipped from New Jersey. Yesterday via FedEx Ground. It's ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) is Friday.

And pictures will follow!
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

TinaS1957
Ghost

Post by TinaS1957 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:56 pm

Two years ago I was a bunch of grapes. I wore a purple warmup suit with a hood, put purple makeup on my face and hands, and attached purple balloons to the suit. NOTE: Do not use helium to blow the balloons up. They will not lay down like they need to. It also helps not to blow them up real tight, so they will droop. My granddaughters loved it; they still have classmates asking about their Nana, the bunch of grapes!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Tina, good to have you posting!!! Costume sounds great, BTW. My fav balloon costume is to wear a bright colored pair of pants and shirt, put a clear garbage bag over you (holes for your head and arms) and fill the bag with muti-colored balloons, and tape the bottom shut...a bag of jellybeans!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

TinaS1957
Ghost

Post by TinaS1957 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 pm

That's a great idea! I may try that this year.

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 am

Tracking the Jersey Werewolf: (I call it that, because that's where the shipping seems to have started...

Ship date
Oct 2, 2007

Estimated delivery
Oct 5, 2007

Destination
HOLIDAY, FL

Service type
Home Delivery

Weight
2.0 lbs.

1:24 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx EDISON, NJ

4:32 PM Picked up KEASBEY, NJ

Oct 2, 2007 6:42 PM Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ

Oct 3, 2007 9:03 AM Departed FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ

Arrived at FedEx location Oct 4, 2007 5:02 AM
Arrived at FedEx location ORLANDO, FL

It's only a few hours away from here, (Holiday FL.) But it probably has to go from a distribution center, put on a truck, go to another distribution center, get on another truck and be delivered here.

So their ETA seems to be right. It'll probably be Friday.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

green-pumpkin
Ghost

Post by green-pumpkin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:51 pm

:) cool. I need friends I'm a newbie.

green-pumpkin
Ghost

Post by green-pumpkin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:30 pm

You know what I'm gonna be? I'm gonna be a goth.
Me my dad and my sisters are going to the mall tommorow to buy our costumes.
I'm gonna wear white and black leggings and a mini black gothic skirt
and a cute goth top. I'm going to wear clunky boots, and a black wig.
white make up and black lipstick. Ima look cute!!! :lol: :P

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:34 pm

My goddess of Darkness costume finally came together and I'm going to use it for Halloween night and our Old Hollywood Horror party. My friends are just going to have to deal with it. :P I would have had to come up with a third costume on short notice and there are not enough hours in the day for me to work, go to college, deal with my family and do a third costume too. My second costume is for the Nightmare Before Christmas party for the younger ones in my family.

The idea to dress as Shock was thrown out to me here and I am going to use it. (Sally was already spoken for.) I'm glad it's going to be a fairly simple costume to pull off as I have to work the 30th and will barely have time to shuck my scrubs and get a shower before the party starts. It's basically just a pink dress and an old witches hat I had that I revamped with pink material. I'm wearing my witches boots from 2005 and I'm finishing up my paper mache mask tomorrow. Pink makes me look washed out so I won't have to apply white makeup. A little hair gel to twist my hair, some purple lipstick and eye makeup and I'm done. Simplicity at it's finest. 8)

Sheng
Ghost

Post by Sheng » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:04 am

I will be a in a fully suited witchking armor with a few layers of black cloth as a cloak and robe 8)
Here is a link to what I am almost finished with-
http://www.kropserkel.com/blackriders.htm
Notice that the armor in the link is not mine, I am making something based on it.
"One ring to rule them all!"

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:56 am

Nyx - I'm so glad that you ran with my idea of being Shock for your NBC party! I think you will look ace! I can't wait to see your interpretation of it :D

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks, magickbean. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. The only real failure is not trying, right?