Candy Corn...YUMMY!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Britishwitch
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Candy Corn...YUMMY!

Post by Britishwitch » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi All

I just thought I would tell you that I have just tried Candy Corn for the FIRST TIME and I love it! :D :D :D

A colleague at work has family who live in the US and when talking on the telephone to them the other day was telling them about my attempts to get this side of the Atlantic interested in Halloween.

They asked if I was doing the traditional things like eating Candy Corn and she told them that you can't get it here. Well......next thing I know my colleague is knocking on my front door handing me a box that had just arrived in the post. What was in this box......not 1 but 4 bags of Candy corn (Well 3 bags of Candy Corn and one of Fall Mix that has wonderful little pumpkins in too!)

How absolutley fantastic was that! :D

And how very very kind of her too!!!

My daughter was beside herself as she, like me, has always wanted to try it!

So now my Halloween Party is going to have one more little thing to make it just a little better!

I just wanted to share with you my happiness due to someone elses extreme kindness!

:D :D :D :D :D

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:08 pm

I am glad to hear you like it> I for one am one really a fan of them but my wife loves them. I buy them for her, but I am glad you had a wonderful expierence next is those pumpkin things that taste like candy corn.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

HalloweenGeneral
Crypt Keeper

Post by HalloweenGeneral » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:17 pm

I am glad you liked it. I love candy corn and my favorite is the caremal corn mix you get on christmas.
Nowhere more peacefull than a forest filled with the smell of Autumn and the spirit of Halloween.~Austin Davidson

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm

I'm so happy for you, magickbean, what a treat!!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:48 pm

NO CANDY CORN IN ENGLAND?!?!?!?!!
SACRILEGE!!!!!!

People, let's just keep in mind how we shouldn't take even the simplest thing for granted.

Britishwitch, your post is so cute and so genuine. I hope you don't mind, but I read it with a british accent. :o

Aren't even the smallest pleasures wonderful!

finlee
Zombie

Post by finlee » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:05 am

I just looked up candy corn 'cos I've no idea what it is and it looks like we can now buy it in England from a site http://www.cybercandy.co.uk. Cool, will have to have a good look through at what else we can get

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 am

Candy Corn....yum....good for me & good for you ! :P

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:27 pm

Britishwitch that's so cool! :D I'm so glad that you got to try it and that you liked it - I know it seems to be an aquired taste for some! :lol:

Mama Hooch I'm over here! :D *waves* Twas Britishwitch that received the candy corn - I have yet to try it myself, but I have word that the lovely Cadaverino is sending some my way in time for Halloween so I will finally be able to taste the joy - I will be sure to post a photo of the event ;)

finlee - did you say Cybercandy?! :shock: I live 2 minutes away from one of their shops - one of my friends works there - and I've never seen it there! Maybe I should harrass my friend to see if they will be getting any? Although I will say that they are very expensive there - I bought a packet of Nestle Flipz, (you know, those chocolate covered pretzels that they used to sell here years and years ago?!) and it cost me £1.50 - they used to be 25p :? lol

finlee
Zombie

Post by finlee » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:15 am

Yes I said cybercandy. They are jellybelly ones. Atleast you've got a shop near you 'cos even though they are expensive you're not having to pay for postage too which is £4.40!!!! Don't think I'll be ordering from there. If my brother wasn't so useless at sending things over (lives in Texas) I would get him to send me some stuff (most likely work out a lot cheaper too)

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:47 am

Life without candycorn. What is this world comming to? What's next? Smarties? Jaw Breakers? Root Beer Barrels? Stop the madness! Candy should be free to be wherever it wants to be. Write your congressmen. Let them know that we don't appreciate their holding out on candy techology from other countries. The world has a right to bear cavities!

There's a presidential election coming up. Vote for the candidate that promises free candy!

Vote "YES" on OH-I82-MUCH!

:lol:
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Aww finlee should you ever want something from Cybercandy I would be happy to go and pick it up on your behalf and send it to you. I can be your delivery service and you can bet I won't charge that much! Depending on how heavy it is, I expect a jiffy bag full of candy would only be about £1-£1.50 to post. I live next to a post office too, so it's no bother :)

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Last edited by I B Howlin' Wolfman on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:30 am

Awesome, Britishwitch! I love candy corn, especially the Autumn mix, 'cause the brown ones really are chocolate!

Wolfman, are you sitting down? In the UK they don't have Smarties. At least, they don't have Smarties the way you & I know Smarties. The US is the only place where "Smarties" means what we know them to mean. Everywhere else in the world, Smarties are like mini M&Ms with a thicker candy coating than M&Ms have. My friend in Canada & I traded Smarties so we could each see what the other was talking about - theirs are great, but completely different from ours.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

finlee
Zombie

Post by finlee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:33 am

Magickbean that is a very kind offer and if I see something that I really want I will take you up on it. Thank you

Britishwitch
Master Reaper

Post by Britishwitch » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:11 pm

HI I B,

yes Larrisa is indeed correct, we do have smarties but not as you know them!

It is good to hear though that we can now get Candy Corn in this country! :D

Larrisa thank you for the mention of the Fall Mix, I did wonder what the darker ones tasted like. I will be good though and not open them till the party as I know I will just keep eating them and then there will be none left for the children :(

I B , if you would like to try our smarties or any of our other sweets for that matter, just let me know and I will happily send you some to try :D