One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:11 am

Hi, Barb! Welcome! you've posted 4 times and 2 of those times have been in threads containing the word 'Sexy'.

Just an obsevation. Hope you have a lot of fun, here!

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Personally, my costumes are always about trying to be unique. I like to make my own costumes and I try to get the balance between traditional and sexy. I think the whole idea that a "sexy" costume simply means "skimpy" is a bit sad, because you can be sexy without baring all ;)

Having said that, Leg Avenue does some very cute and sexy costumes - I particularly liked the "Queen of Hearts" costume - a short dress with a little apron with card suits on it, a petticoat that flared out and stockings. Although I liked it, I wouldn't feel confident in it because I have body issues, just like I wouldn't go to a party wearing a huge billowy sheet because I know I would look like a marshmallow!

Costumes are about stepping into a new skin, and you have to be comfortable in that skin. If people wanna go sexy, I say, go for it (just do it in an appropriate setting!)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:01 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:Hi, Barb! Welcome! you've posted 4 times and 2 of those times have been in threads containing the word 'Sexy'.

Just an obsevation. Hope you have a lot of fun, here!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good obervation OEJ.

Bloody Melory
Ghost

Post by Bloody Melory » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I think it is halloween, it must be a scary costume... as for a party, but for my bf... sexy one for sure :twisted:

DeSiBeauTii
Vampire

Post by DeSiBeauTii » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 am

I like sexy costumes...

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:01 pm

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say I don't consider those costumes sexy. I have a different idea of sexy I guess. Showing more skin doesn't make a person sexy, at least in my mind. Then again, that's just me and what do I know? And no, I'm not bitter, and I'm being completely honest when I say that. Just because I can't wear them doesn't mean I hate those that can. If it's what you like and think it makes you look good, then go for it. Just don't expect me to applaud you or label you sexy or hot. :)