What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Black Rose » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:05 pm

withhuge greeneyes :!: :!: :!:
Watch out for Black Roses,There DEADLY

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:27 pm

My black cat Chyna (pronounced China) is pregnant. She got pregnant by my pure white cat Cookie. He's very mouthy. LOL I'll let you all know what the kittens turn out like. If anyone wants one let me know. They should be pretty cute. :)
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

FieryFaerie
Vampire

Post by FieryFaerie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:14 pm

Black cats are definitely discriminated against. It's unfair. They are gorgeous creatures. I know the shelters in our are will not adopt out black cats at least a week before or a week after Samhain (Halloween for you non pagan folks). Its to protect the poor creatures against horrible rituals.

I had a blue point siamese name Chiun, that I had to put down about 6yrs ago due to renal failure. But he had been 15 and had a great life. 6mths later I got Hermione. She is a russian blue/siamese mix and a dark gorgeous gray. I um, actually got her for the um. . dog. LOL My poor pooch loves kitties (but not other dogs) and was so depressed after Chiun's death. So I got Hermione as a stray that was brought into the animal hospital I worked at. She hated all the other nurses, I was the only one who could touch her. LOL SMART kitty!!! ~wink~
I am a member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. :P

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am

I was just wondering y'all, if anyone else's pets here were affected by the massive pet food recall earlier this year....our black kitty, Jim, got very, VERY sick from the Iam's wet food pouches we were feeding them-honestly he almost died. Thankfully after treatment, he bounced back, but it seems like he still goes through days of relapse, as he has these past few days. I think we may have to send him in for another I.V. flush. I was wondering if any of you guys have had this experience as well, and what your vets may be recommending as long term treatment, as we've been pretty unclear on it- I swear, you try to prevent things like this, give them the best food you can find on the market, and it was that was the very thing that tried to take 'ole Jim out. But he's a soldier, he is!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:18 am

The Mrs and I just went through the same thing with our Kee-kee. Whether or not it was caused by the food we'll never know and he was 15. He was the best cat anyone could ever want and part of us we'll always be heartbroken. We are starting to look forward to getting a new kee when the time is right. Here's a site the Mrs. spent A LOT of time on gathering information from:
http://www.felinecrf.org/
And here's our beloved Kee....
http://halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=9301#9301

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:33 am

OEJ, I'm very sorry to hear of Kee-Kee's passing, I believe it's just as hard sometimes to deal with our animals leaving us as it is to accept the deaths of some human members of our families, especially after 15 years of life together. Hopefully you and the Mrs. will be able to one day find another great companion to warm your hearts!

Thank you for the website!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:08 am

http://www.centralpets.com/photos/insec ... l4322.html

I would say the giant desaert cenitpede is creepy actually any of them I saw a huge black one in jamaica.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 am

Oh no, I'm so sorry some of you had to face the pet food issues. That was just so incredibly hideous, how it all went down. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with it; my dog eats dry food & the cat eats Pro Plan, which never made the list; I think it's not Menu Foods.

Now I hear that most of the premium brands are refusing to work with Menu Foods any more because of that.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks, Larissa--one thing I thought was cool of the Iam's company is that they did refund us nearly $750's worth of Jim's treatment which we desparately needed! It took months, and we had to send them a great deal of documentation on his case, but they did make good on their word.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Wow, that's kind of incredible of them.
~Anonymous

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:24 pm

I am sorry to hear about the pet food problems and the loss of pet friends too. I love cats especially and I worry about my little hooties all the time.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:10 am

Now that I've figured out how to post photos here, these are my two beasties - Megaera is 1/2 Sheltie 1/2 Eskimo & 9 years old. Hunter is a two-year-old terror.

~Anonymous

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:13 am

Hey Larissa, LOve the pictures of your babies Megaera and hunter, thanks for sharing them :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 am

That is so sad to hear about people who had pets involved in the food disaster. Luckily my dogs and cat were not affected but I would have been devistated. Hopefully they are all well now and cute as can be!!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"