The Halloween fast food thread

Discussion of general Halloween topics
TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

The Halloween fast food thread

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:03 pm

Welcome to the Halloween fast food and junk food thread, every year around this time various fast food places offer their customers a treat by adding some Halloween themed items to their menus.

Here you can post about some of the yummy and unhealthy treats that you come across during the season, and share your opinions on them, whether it's something currently available, or something from the past that you want them to bring back.

I already posted about the Addams Family menu at BK right now, but when I was looking up the info for that I found out that Krispy Kreme has Ghostbusters donuts available for the holiday. There are 4 different Ghostbusters donuts to choose from, Slimer, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, the Ghostbusters logo Cookies N’ Creme, and the Ecto-Sprinkled donut with orange icing and sprinkles to give it a Halloween look.

I brought my kids with me to try them today, while most of them taste fine like you would expect from regular donuts, the Slimer donut was a very nice treat, it is filled with green lime flavored jelly to look like slime, and it has green and purple icing. I should also mention that the donuts come with a character shaped candy on top.

If you're a Ghostbusters fan, or you just like donuts, then I recommend that you try them if you can find them in your area. I had to make my kids promise that they wouldn't tell their mother that I brought them there, because if my wife knew that I was eating someone else's deliciously evil pastries she would kill me... normally I would put a smiley face behind that, but I'm absolutely serious.

I've posted pics below, as usual, what you get doesn't look as good as their promotional pictures, but at least they taste good.

Downloads a.jpg
Downloads a.jpg (266.02 KiB) Viewed 109 times
a.jpg
a.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 109 times

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: The Halloween fast food thread

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:25 pm

Those are cute!

I haven't been to a fast food place recently, but I did buy some pumpkin spice Moon Pies at Kroger tonight. Does that count?

If I were to go out for donuts, I'd go to Donut Country, a local place within walking distance of our house. There's a Krispy Kreme a couple of miles from here. I know they're good, too, but I prefer our local business.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: The Halloween fast food thread

Post by MauEvig » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:29 pm

I've seen those Ghostbuster's donuts advertised! Krispy Kreme is a bit of a drive for us though.
But then again, so is Dunkin' Donuts. Apparently, Dunkin Donuts is having their own Halloween and fall offerings as well. They are offering a bucket of donut holes also called "munkin's." And of course, most places are offering pumpkin spice coffee, lattes and the like.
Oddly enough I've always seen donuts as a big part of the Halloween season. We used to have donuts and cider. Of course, the "apple cider donut" seems to be a new thing that people like to talk about. But typically, I'm talking about the cider drink served with a donut.
I've also seen the Addam's Family burgers advertised as well.
McDonald's is supposed to bring the Boo Buckets back. They have these new monster designs. They didn't get the best reviews, but I think they have charm.
When they brought them back in 2022 I did get a few. XD
I think Wendy's sells "Boo bucks" too.
I'll have to see what other fast food offerings are out there.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection