Rob Zombie's Officially Halloween Movie!

Discussion of general Halloween topics

How did you like RZ's new Halloween movie?

Two Thumbs Up!
28%
Two Thumbs Down!
39%
Neutral!
22%
I'm not Rob Zombie fan!
11%

Total votes: 18

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:09 pm

Well, everybody!

I'm truly so sorry and not so sure if you did hating strongly violence and some others like that too gory, nasty explicits, you know? Well, if you are not RZ's fans, then please don't go see it. My apologize! :roll:

BTW, for all of you, if you REALLY hate blood and gore, even see some toture people... then please lemme know. I will do understand. :shock:

Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:21 pm

But...everyone that paid to go see this movie, just gave him more money to go make more garbage.

My good friend saw it, and said she wanted to leave too...she said the way the girls talked to each other was horrible...Personally I am so disgusted by people who use the f-word as if it is just a word you use every day to anybody...I think...would you talk like that to your grandmother?? If not...then why talk like that to your friends...this whole thing with young girls calling each other "bitc*es" is just crazy to me...I find that word to be totally offensive, and if one of my best girlfriends called me a b*tch"...I would wonder if they lost their mind. That is an insult in every way shape and form, and I don't understand this whole low class mentality of why cursing has become tolerable to people. I am not saying I have never said a curse word. I sure never say the f-word. So, that alone...makes me not stand new movies...then you get in to the horrible acting...the over the top violence...and what sense is any of it?

The first Halloween is a movie I never get sick of...it doesn't matter how many times I have seen it, if it would be on tv right now...it wouldn't matter how tired I was...I'd be able to stay awake to watch it. It was captivating, and suspenseful, and that never gets old to me.

These new movies...are so horrible...that you can't bear to get through them once, let alone watching them over and over...just think if someone did watch this one over and over and over...what do you think it would say about them? That...is point.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:24 pm

Well, I'm open-minded person myself... I guess it was probably sounded like <deleted> horror movie to you, isn't it? :roll:

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:30 pm

I see your point Spooky about giving them money. But I had to see it for myself. I didn't like it at all. But that's nothing new. It's not the first and won't be the last movie that I hate. I say this though, if Zombie is even thinking about a sequel. He can forget about getting my $9.00.

Does anyone know what the gross as been on this movie? I should probably be able to find this easy on the internet, but I'm lazy and I figured someone might know.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:38 pm

Well, RZ is earning more than $13,000,000 something like that, I think...

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 pm

The even sadder thing though about it...is people go...because there's nothing else....

People are desperate for good movies...I loved going to the matinees on the weekends with my friends, now there's nothing.

I feel so lucky that I was a teen in the 80's. My first date was to see the movie Terror in the Aisles, my second date was... we went to a Haunted House.

I feel sorry for single people today and young kids...if I was a young teen girl, and was on a date for the first time, and went and saw what you all described this movie to be...that would be awful...but yet...someone out there is probably going on a first date...and this is the junk they get to have their lifetime memories of.

I remember going to the "video" store on the weekends, and renting movies like Slumber Party Massacre, and American Werewolf in London and Witchboard .....they were "cool"...they had violence too...but they were different from what is out there now...if you went through it, then you understand what I mean.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:30 am

I remember the 80's very well. I saw a lot of horror movies during that time. Yes, they were violent too--often, EXTREMELY violent.

The difference was, films weren't so cynical then.

People in the movies would see the monster, run from the monster, get brutally slaughtered by the monster.

These days movies continually are trying to reinforce the idea that we are the monster--or that there is no difference between the monster and us. The landscape is painted all in different colors of dark. The audience is left with nothing to identify with, except the darkness.

Killing Dracula was innocent by comparison!
Last edited by tomanderson on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:16 am

2005-2007 horror movies without a lot of gore:

An American Haunting
Blood and Chocolate
Boogeyman
The Covenant
Dark Water
Dead Silence
Disturbia
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Hide and Seek
The Messengers
Monster House
Premonition
Pulse
The Reaping
Requiem
The Ring Two
The Skeleton Key
Skinwalkers
Thr3e
When a Stranger Calls
White Noise
The Wicker Man

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:12 am

I saw it. It blew.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 am

tomanderson wrote:I remember the 80's very well. I saw a lot of horror movie during that time. Yes, they were violent too--often, EXTREMELY violent.

The difference was, films weren't so cynical then.

People in the movies would see the monster, run from the monster, get brutally slaughtered by the monster.

These days movies continually are trying to reinforce the idea that we are the monster--or that there is no difference between the monster and us. The landscape is painted all in different colors of dark. The audience is left with nothing to identify with, except the darkness.

Killing Dracula was innocent by comparison!
A great post, really interesting thoughts.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:35 am

it is these goth kids these guys I met thought it was great. i told him why i didnt like it and he got all defencive like Rob Zombie was the greatest ever. He was like what was it to realistic for you?
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:11 am

tomanderson, you FOOL...NOBODY killed Dracula..he ALWAYS came back..sometimes as Bela, sometimes as Long John Carradine,sometimes as Christoper Lee, sometimes as this Italian actor who looked like a Spaghetti Factory waiter, but he ALWAYS came back..surprized the Hindoos haven't used him as PROOF of re-incarnation.

Seriously, I can relate to the main idea of your message, though. For whatever reason, darkness and being glum in is right now for a lot of people...

Wanted to mention something I was pleased about that I spoke about on another thread...my kid and his friends..all 16 and pretty much the target audience..left en masse during this version of HALLOWEEN. They were alienated by the needless stupid violence. I was impressed by this because it showed some independent thought on their part and that MAYBE all those years of yakking and filling his mind with stories about classics in movies MIGHT HAVE had some effect..I can only hope...
But judging by the responses to the film on this site and the free fall it's taking in the box office, it seems that a lot of others agree..
I still refuse to see it.
What next? Rob Zombies' CITZEN KANE?
God help me.
I might have given him an idea.
"....Rosebud..."
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 am

Thanks Uncletor. That's very encouraging. And good for your son and his friends.

In regard to your inadvertent suggestion to Zombie's next masterpiece. I can just imagine Orsen Wells whelding a meat clever instead of poison pen. LORD HELP US!
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 pm

ok, i saw the workprint version last night. and i must say it's much better than the theatrical version. i don't think people would dislike this movie so much (myself included) if the workprint was released

i won't tell you anything about it. you're just gonna have to surf the web and find it yourself :twisted:
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:16 am

Well I have to say, I am a little late but I just finally seen the Halloween movie this past weekend... I went to the 9:50pm late show on Saturday with my partner in crime and well don't know how to feel about it... He didn't care much for it but then again he is not a horror freak like myself ... (and others here! :wink: ) but I voted neutral... No it was the same as the first/original film... didn't get the same effect... didn't get the same chill down the spin at all.... Gruesome yes, but didn't mind that at all. I loved the boy who played young micheal though thought he was perfect. his look, his eyes... thought he stuck out to me more then anyone else in the film... I did like some of the film style... lightening in places... the halloween decorations in areas... but over all, wouldn't say it was fantastic... to bad, I hate not liking it like I thought I was going to be...

A friend told me that they heard critics saying this was Rob Zombies best film so far... I totally disagree with that.

So in a basic sum up for me... I much prefer the first half of the movie to the last half... but would recommend the theatre prize for anyone to make a special trip out to see it.....

Thats my two cents! LOL
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again