What made you happy today? :)

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What made you happy today? :)

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am

Re: What made you happy today?;

nothing......the dog has been sick, throwing up, not going to the bathroom etc, so today I woke up with her puking on my king size bed (you know how hard it is to wash a king size comforter?) then I decided to take her to the vet to put an end to this throwing up all over the place, so, I dropped her off and now the vet wants to do hundreds of dollars worth of tests and x-rays that I cant afford......I dont really know what we'll do about it. I simply dont have the money they want to fix her so I dont really know what the next step will be....I believe she has a blockage in her intestines and as far as I know the only fix is surgery and I cant afford that either.....might have to have my 8mo puppy put down, I dont know.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Aww, I'm sooo sorry Spooky, I hope it doesn't come to that. :(

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that man. I hope you don't have to do that.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Spooky, in lieu of putting her down how about giving her to the humane society? They would have the resources to find out what's wrong. At the very least if they can't help her and have to put her down, you don't have to know about it.

Just went through this with one of the cats I adopted. Wouldn't eat, lost a lot of weight, spent all that money for tests, they couldn't find anything, a week later she starts eating normal again. Now she's fine. Think she's punishing me for something.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

The vet thinks it's a blockage and has run blood tests and now running x-rays......I have decided to get her well and worry about the bill later......
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Spooky, in lieu of putting her down how about giving her to the humane society? They would have the resources to find out what's wrong. At the very least if they can't help her and have to put her down, you don't have to know about it.

Just went through this with one of the cats I adopted. Wouldn't eat, lost a lot of weight, spent all that money for tests, they couldn't find anything, a week later she starts eating normal again. Now she's fine. Think she's punishing me for something.
Did you adopt the cat before or after you moved? If it was before, that might be the reason.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Spooky, you are a good man to do that for your dog. You have my respect, and I will pray that your puppy thrives.

Oh, and I actually was rather happy today, because I ate one of my favorite fall treats for the first time this season--Gala apple slices with caramel sauce. Yum.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Spooky, you are a good man to do that for your dog. You have my respect, and I will pray that your puppy thrives.
thanks Murf, she's in surgery now.....

I wont post my unhappiness in this happy thread anymore today

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Boogeyman wrote:Did you adopt the cat before or after you moved? If it was before, that might be the reason.
Could be the reason. She's finicky. They came with the house. My buddy moved out but couldn't take the cats with him so I'm taking care of them along with the house. It might have had to do with the heat too.

I think you'll be happy with your choice Spooky. I was just bummed because I spent the money and there was nothing wrong.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:45 pm

I am happy it's FRIDAY!!!

The Grimm Reaper exchange is going to start soon too!!

I am also going out to dinner with two of my High school friends I haven't seen in 30 year, it should be an awesome night!! :wink:

Tameka82
Ghost

Post by Tameka82 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 am

I've seen a couple of little girls today, they were playing in the park and one of them told the other one:"Let's go and throw some dirt on the walls". I was so happy to discover that not all the kids spend their days playing videogames and posting selfies on Instagram))

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Not to be Dudly Downer Tameka but if I had kids I'd be afraid to let them play outside by themselves these days. Some perv comes along and snatches them.

* Dudly Downer because otherwise Andy will accuse me of being a girl.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't think gender is an issue here... 8)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah, I would never let my kids play in the front yard (busy street, no fence.) They could always play in our large, fenced backyard.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 pm

my dog had her post surgery check up yesterday and she is doing great, the vet said she was surprised at how well she was doing. The vet took her off the meds and the special diet and said she didnt need any more appointments for it.