full moon tonight

Discussion of general Halloween topics
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: full moon tonight

Post by NeverMore » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Ready for the supermoon this weekend? Article says the best time to view is early Sunday. Get some pictures.

Paul Melniczek
Ghost

Post by Paul Melniczek » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Clouds covered everything last night here in balmy PA but early morning I saw it. Great sight. Always inspirational for my writing too.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 am

I totally forgot to look. Oops...

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:34 am

I saw it for a brief moment it was cloudy here in Idaho!!
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:38 am

I only got to see it for a few brief moments as it was pretty cloudy and rainy, but I did manage to let out a couple of houls at it.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:50 pm

It was strange....

I'm not sure what happened?

I saw the full moon last night and then I guess I passed out.

But here is where it gets weird

I woke up this morning and my place was trashed. Broken tables, chairs and my bed has got these real bloody sheets on them, but I'm not cut anywhere. After cleaning up, I went out to eat but for some bizarre reason I wanted my hamburger rare. I've never eaten rare meat before, but lately have this craving for it.

It all started about a month ago when I was out jogging after work. I was coming around a curve and a blankety-blank, hairy and weird looking dog came out of the bushes and bit me on the leg. It then ran off back into the bushes.

You know? Now that I think about it. There was a full moon that night too.

I just don't get it?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Maybe it's moon madness. The words "lunatic" and "lunacy" both derive from Luner which means moon. A friend of mine who's a cop and his wife who's a nurs dread the full moon.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:32 pm

All kidding aside, I've never been able to correlate a connection between the full moon and rises in crime. I've been doing this a long time now, and started policing in Miami, and we had some monster size moons down there, and we had some monster size storms too. It didn't matter when it was, crime was and is an around the clock thing.

The pull of the moon and the tides are said to cause people to act up, but I've seen them act up all over the place and around the clock.

There were some studies done on full moons impact on crime rates back in the 70s that said there was a connection. Recent studies though have tended to show that what was known about crime and human behavior back then, was not given enough consideration into forming their final judgement. I tend to agree with that.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am

Just the same, I hear it from emergency room nurses, policemen, firemen and many others, about how crazy things get when the moon is full. My late brother Jack use to work at the Manteno State Hospital, and every time there was a full moon, there where a lot of altrications and other problems.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Maybe, but when people expect to see or experience something they usually do. Even if its not there. Like I said, the facts from the past thirty years don't seem to support that hypothesis, and I spend every working day with cops, firemen and emt's and emergency communications people, and very few think the moon is the problem. If it was, we could give people medication during full moons and tidal shifts that would calm them down, and no doubt the insurance companies would underwrite it in a heartbeat, so they could save money on damaged property, hospitalization, lawsuits and death. If people claim to be emergency service personnel and their jabbering about the moon, imho they have too much free time on their hands. When I'm on patrol the last place I want my head is up in the clouds. You stay in one piece much longer when you're grounded.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Maybe that's my trouble. I never expect to see or experience anything phenominal or out of the ordinary, and I never do. When I visited the perportedly haunted Bartonville Insane Asylum for the first time in October of 09, I did not expect to see any ghosts or apperitions, and I didn't. It was the same deal every time I visited Bachelors Grove.

Mike