Black Hawk Down vs Titanic?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
jameshunt
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Black Hawk Down vs Titanic?

Post by jameshunt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 am

Me and my friend are having an argument she thinks the titanic is better than Black Hawk Down which in my opinion is the best movie ever made. in your opinion which one is better?
Click here Stream movies online hd and you can also follow us on twitter @ the10starmovies.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Re: Black Hawk Down vs Titanic?

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Black Hawk Down was a good movie. Like all movies it took some liberties with the truth. Mark Bowden didn't get the whole thing right in his book and the problems In Somalia have not changed, except US military involvement is now relegated to supply issues. American combat troops are not being used. (US Navy anti-pirate operations not withstanding)

Black Hawk Down showed two things that people in this country should never forget.

1) The American soldier can handle the most phyisically and mentally demanding of combat operations and achieve success.

2) The American political structure will do everything it can to keep the American soldier from completing his mission up to and including killing him for no real gain or reason.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Uh... your friend is female and she likes Titanic over BHD? Not surprised. Have you never heard the saying "Men are from Mars, Women are... crazy."

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey now, we just know what we like, thats all!! :twisted:

I do like the Titanic better too, sorry guys!! :oops:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 pm

I never saw Black Hawk Down, but are they even the same genre of movie? I remember when Titanic came out, the director said he was trying to emulate the old-style epics, like Ben-Hur & Gone with the Wind. Black Hawk Down isn't in that style at all, is it? Sort of like comparing apples and oranges.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am

That's comparing apples and oranges. "Titanic" and "Black Hawk Down" are two totaly different types of movies. I liked both, but for entirely different reasons. "Titanic," in my opinion, was a great movie, but would have been a much better film if they had elaborated on more of the Historical aspect, and less on the fiacitious romance, but there was a lot of historic authenticity to it. "Black Hawk Down," was an excelent depiction of what our military people do, and what could happen to them. Both good movies, but not anything alike.

Mike

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Lol, that's like asking "Which is better, The Notebook or Jurassic Park?"
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."