Describe your dream Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Undertaker
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Describe your dream Halloween

Post by Undertaker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Just hanging out in any area that relates itself to Halloween?? Halloween in Salem, Mass or hanging out in the Evans City Cemetery, Monroeville Mall for Zombie walk? Something like that?
I am the last smiling face you"ll see before I shut the lid!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 pm

My dream Halloween?

Let's see... after falling asleep on the afternoon of October 31st, I dream that I'm a ghost floating over all the little kiddies as they trick-or-treat. Suddenly! I sweep down and scare all those kids causing them to drop their candy bags. I go home and eat all those yummy goodies. I wake up the next morning and find out I ate my pillow.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Hef invites me to the Playboy Mansion to judge all the Playmates in their Halloween costumes. I get there and they're not wearing costumes. In fact they're wearing nothing. I think quickly and formulate the plan that since the costume portion of the contest will be swapped with the talent portion of the show. At this time I take each girl, one at a time into a private bedroom and ask them to show me their.....TALENT!!

This proves to takes weeks and maybe months to complete. In the end I die. But I don't mind.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 am

I think I just found my dream Halloween house...

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:59 am

How cute!!! Is this real, Nevermore? What an awesome house!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm

RisingDeadMan has a point. The Halloweens I enjoyed in my childhood were truely the best, especialy the years I made my own costumes. And the huge bags of loot I would come home with every Halloween night, not to mention no school the day after, so I coudl stay up and watch horror movies which every local channel was running for Halloween.

I still get excited when I see pumpkins for sale, however the joy I get is in handing out the ToT candy instead of getting it.

Mike

ScarecrowJack
Haunt Master

Post by ScarecrowJack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 pm

One year I would like to hit all of the Halloween art shows. There's the Ghoultide Gathering in Michigan, which I did last year but had to skip this year. Then there's Halloween and Vine which is in California. There's also one called Spirits in Sanford in Florida. Doing all of them, and any I'm not aware of yet, and loading up on as much Halloween art as my little heart desires would be a dream come true.

I've also always wanted to do a werewolf themed haunt in a wooded area, like a state park or even private property if it was big and thickly wooded enough. The costumes would be top of the line, of course. And fog everywhere. Of course there would be a big to do on the night of the full moon.
We're the farmer's scarecrows
We scare away the birds,
We keep the farmer's corn safe
Without any words.
But when Halloween comes
We jump out of the ground
And we scare the boys and girls
When they come walking 'round.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

ScarecrowJack wrote:One year I would like to hit all of the Halloween art shows. There's the Ghoultide Gathering in Michigan, which I did last year but had to skip this year. Then there's Halloween and Vine which is in California. There's also one called Spirits in Sanford in Florida. Doing all of them, and any I'm not aware of yet, and loading up on as much Halloween art as my little heart desires would be a dream come true.

I've also always wanted to do a werewolf themed haunt in a wooded area, like a state park or even private property if it was big and thickly wooded enough. The costumes would be top of the line, of course. And fog everywhere. Of course there would be a big to do on the night of the full moon.

2 huge thumbs up for your werewolf haunt vision and add a bonus point for your supernatural profile pic.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

ScarecrowJack
Haunt Master

Post by ScarecrowJack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanx. I loved Supernatural, but only caught the first two seasons. My DVR took a dump on season three and I lost what I had taped. When I tried to watch it again, I was lost.
We're the farmer's scarecrows
We scare away the birds,
We keep the farmer's corn safe
Without any words.
But when Halloween comes
We jump out of the ground
And we scare the boys and girls
When they come walking 'round.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am

NeverMore, I love that house. It's even the perfect Halloween color.

Okay, I would like to post another Halloween dream I just came up with. We all meet at the Harvest Moon Drive In in Gibson City Ill (I've been fixated on this place lately,but I am also grieving a potential loss.) And we have a bon fire, and a scary movie Halloween marithon, with plenty of food and drink, and a costume contest. I would bring my camera and provide photo coverage. The cover charge would be what ever you could afford, and all the proceeds would go to save that wonderful 'living museum' from oblivion. And, we would SUCCEED.

Mike

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Potential loss is sad..I'm sorry

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 am

Mike, that's an awesome idea! You should see about setting something like that up. Or organizing a group of people to do it if you don't have time. You could even do a marathon in December for that other holiday. Gotta think though, the royalties on the movies would probably eat up the profits.

I know how you feel about potential loss. We've been living with the specter of losing our professional football team for years. Having hailed from the Cleveland area, I know exactly how that feels. Heck, that's when I became an outright Chargers fan, I felt so betrayed by the loss.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:00 am

NeverMore, I have contacted the owners of the Harvest Moon via e-mail, and they are actualy trying to organize something like that. They are going to try to get "public domain" 35mm prints of some older films so they don't have to pay royalties or very nominal ones, and they did indicate that they would like me to provide photo coverage if the event comes about. Right now, they are tentatively planning something for October, and some kind of a fund raiser at the local Veterans hall in December or January, with 50/50 raffles, candy sales, merchandise sales and the like, but again, it looks pretty bleek.

I did put 20 bucks in the donation jar the last time I was there, and will try to do the same tonight when I go there to see "The Amazing Spider Man," but I really hope their October event at least comes about, and they can rais the money they need. I also plan to attend the Winder fund raiser if they have it, too. If it comes about, I'll post some of my photos.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm pretty easy--I would like a chill in the air and fall colors on the trees during the entire month of October. I would also like 100% participation in Halloween activities and a huge TOTer turnout.

If I could be greedy, it would be lots of money to have a large creepy manor tucked away in a wooded area. I would throw huge Halloween parties and hire (good) actors and maybe a contortionist or two to creep around the property as various ghouls and monsters. If you build it, they will come!!! 8)

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 pm

I second that...if you build it, they WILL come!