Halloween in Romania

Discussion of general Halloween topics
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween in Romania

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 am

If you do the tour at the Tower of London see if you can get this guy...

He's hilarious! Here are parts 2 thru 4...

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:30 am

Oh, I believe you posted those links once before, and I followed them. He is hilarious!

I went through the Tower of London many years ago, when I was 19. I was there in March, and I recall going through with a bunch of English schoolchildren, third graders, maybe.

The ravens there are amazing, one of the most memorable things to me, actually. They were the size of dogs.

Draculaura
Zombie

Post by Draculaura » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:07 am

rugbyman74 wrote:Greetings!!

I am coming to Romania for Halloween this year and curious how many costume stores there are around the Bucharest/Barov area? I am working in Iraq and will not have availability to visit any stores before arriving in Romania. Any advice, information or links would be much appreciated :)

Cheers!!
Hello! Well, there aren't many costume stores around here, usually people rent them from theatres, but there are a few in the Malls but nothing big. Nevertheless, I can be your guide if you need help searching for costumes around town or in visiting Bucharest. Just let me know on PM if you do.

p.s. of course i will bring pictures and try to visit the tower of London!
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. (...)
'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 am

Based on what i've heard from William and a couple of other Romanians I know, I am the type of guy that would LOVE to spend Halloween in Romania.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

William
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by William » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Well you should visit Draculas Castle XD, now that would be a treat for you guys :D
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 pm

I would eat that up!
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:37 pm

I imagine they do go all out for Halloween in Romania, especialy in the provence of Translvania, but I couldn't swear to that. I would love to try it out some year, though.

Mike

Draculaura
Zombie

Post by Draculaura » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:02 am

Yay! Hi guys, just got back from my England trip! Promised some pics and here they are! These are some Halloween decorations I bought from Poundland, as it was the only shop where I could find Halloween decorations. Since I was on a short budget, I just picked up things hard to turn into DIY projects, and especially not candy since that would be getting eaten up quick. The decos I got can be reused for a bunch of years. And they're amazingly cute, too. As for food, I looked up tons of Halloween recepies online. I should be allright. Anyway, pics:
Some lights and decos
Ice tray, decos and balloons:
Inflatable chair for kids (don't judge, I already have like 5 chairs in my 3m square room, what's one more?) and a decoration gather-up that summed 2 pairs of ghostly footprints, 3 pairs of spooky eyes, spider web, 1 door deco and 2 hanging ghosts, I got it. I could have gotten all of these separately and in a bigger size, each for one pound, but since I am only decorating my room (folks/boyfriend aren't big on Halloween), this would suffice.
And last but not least, a candy tray (for the candy I'll eat with my guy, 'cause we don;t get trick or treaters here.)

Someone mentioned before Halloween in Transilvania. Hate to break it like this, but they don't celebrate it. Maybe just at the Bran Castle, but I really doubt it. It hardly is a big party in the center of Bucharest (the capital city), where all the clubs are. I know, as I've walked the whole Old Town Center last year dressed as an old witch and the only enthusiast we met was a dude in a banana costume who was as disappointed as we were for the lack of Halloween celebratory attitude we got. And I suspect him of being quite high. But I did get some chick trying some weird up hitting on me, while my boyfriend and best friend sat around having a good laugh, so if that's your scene, come around (I can't promise this will happen everywhere tho'). Nevertheless, 4 days after Halloween there's Nijikon happening in my neighbourhod, the annual national anime convention, and there's a lot of cosplaying going on, so feel free to check that out!

I didn't get to visit the Tower of London as I blew all of my money on the ticket for the J.K. Rowling launch of the Casual Vacancy. It was a real nightmare getting there, as I was staying in Birmingham and this happened in London (literally spent 20 hours straight on the road, 5 a.m. - 1 a.m.). I also went to the Making of Potter WBros studio tour and Shakespeare's old town, unfortunately by myself as my best friend wasn't feeling her best. Nevertheless, disappointed in the lack of mythology and info on legends I found around there!

Starting college again tommorow, but I will start my Halloween preparations after the 15th of this month when I'm done with some other stuff. I'll keep you posted!

p.s. William, am I the ONLY person in Romania that celebrates Halloween, besides the club owners? Join in!
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. (...)
'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

I'm not sure what it is but it seems anytime Draculaura posts pics they don't seem to work for me. I'm glad you had a good time and it sounds like you got a good haul. Hopefully your love of Halloween will rub off on your family and if not don't be discouraged and just keep celebrating with us!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 pm

The pics work fine for me. Do you have the picture translator plugin for your browser? She's probably posting them in her language.

Sounds like you had a good time in London Draculara. Too bad your friend got sick. That seems to happen a lot when people travel abroad? At least you got a good haul of goodies. Now that you're back home, go find William and get your Halloween on! I wonder if William was the guy in the banana costume?

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm

No I don't thought it may also be the web filter my company has it's pretty lose but somethings get caught up.

Can you suggest a particular plugin(Chrome)?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I was kidding!

There is a plugin that let's you hide images on a webpage but if you can see them on other sites you should be able to see them here. Maybe it's like you thought, your company filters out images from her image server, which appears to be located in France.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Even as a computer programmer there are still tech things out there that surprise even me. And as you have demonstrated your tech knowledge in the past I believed you. France very well could be the issue. We had a weird issue a while back where all our traffic was getting routed through France for no reason whatsoever. So I don't think our network plays great with the French anymore.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Sorry for pranking you :twisted:

I made you an even more demonic duck as apology...

Watch him... watch him...

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 pm

You are forgivien!!!