WORST HORROR MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

Halloween and Horror Movies
Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: WORST HORROR MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

Post by Morticia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I've seen worse remakes than the Psycho one. I actually liked Vince Vaughn in that.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Regarding the original "Season of the Witch," I do have to agree that is is a very bad movie, and very boring. That constant Silver Shamrock jingle drove me bats, to boot. The new "Season of the Witch," which had was not part of the "Halloween" movie franchise was actualy a good movie.

Mike

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:13 pm

The Ginger Bread Man

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am

Halloween 3 Season of Witch is one of the best of the Halloween series of movie. I say maybe the 3rd best of all 10 movies behind the original 1st and 2nd episode.
我想念我的家

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45 am

Rubber-that was STUPID!
The Night HE Came Home

zoltan hound dracula
Halloween Master

Post by zoltan hound dracula » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Regarding the original "Season of the Witch," I do have to agree that is is a very bad movie, and very boring. That constant Silver Shamrock jingle drove me bats, to boot. The new "Season of the Witch," which had was not part of the "Halloween" movie franchise was actualy a good movie.

Mike

MIKE!! I TOTALLY AGREE! "ORIGINAL..SEASON OF THE WITCH" WAS A VERY BAD MOVIE AND VERY BORING....THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER WATCHED..

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 pm

I thought the prequel to the Exorcist was really bad. I actually feel asleep. I figured by now they'd have great special effects to show. You know, a long way from the twisting head and pea soup vomit. But, I was really bummed out by the movie.

Grinchfanatic
Zombie

Post by Grinchfanatic » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Halloween:Resurrection!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:48 pm

A movie generaly has to tell a good and interesting story in order to be good. If it's interesting, it's a good movie. If it's depressing, I may not want to watch it, but it's still a good movie by definition. If a movie is BORING, then it's a bad movie. The original "Season of the Witch," was very boring. That tv comercial was all too prevelant through out the entire show, and that jingle was very annoying after about the 3rd time I heard it. The story was very uninteresting and the movie itself was just too slow moving to keep my interest. This was a film that I originaly wanted to see when it was playing in the theatres but I missed out due to either time or money shortages. When I finaly did see it, it was on cable Pay Per View, and it was a total bust.

"The Howling" was even worse, as it took what could have been a good wearwolf story, and turned it into an accidental comedy by adding all kinds of very hokey sub plots. Even the ending where the female wearwolf is asked how she wants her meat cooked and the way she answered "Rare." was just too hokey for words. In all fairness, I did get a good laugh, but I was really hoping to see a good wearwolf story.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Transylvania 6-5000; Completely unwatchable.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Andy, I agree. "Transelvania 6-5000" was so bad I actualy "gonged" it when it was on 'On TV" back in the mid 80s. The only thing is that is was not a horror movie per se, though. It was a horror/comedy, but it was neither a good horror story, nor was it a funny comedy. The jokes were stupid and unfunny, and the story was all but non existant.

Mike

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: A movie generaly has to tell a good and interesting story in order to be good. If it's interesting, it's a good movie. If it's depressing, I may not want to watch it, but it's still a good movie by definition. If a movie is BORING, then it's a bad movie. The original "Season of the Witch," was very boring. That tv comercial was all too prevelant through out the entire show, and that jingle was very annoying after about the 3rd time I heard it. The story was very uninteresting and the movie itself was just too slow moving to keep my interest. This was a film that I originaly wanted to see when it was playing in the theatres but I missed out due to either time or money shortages. When I finaly did see it, it was on cable Pay Per View, and it was a total bust.

"The Howling" was even worse, as it took what could have been a good wearwolf story, and turned it into an accidental comedy by adding all kinds of very hokey sub plots. Even the ending where the female wearwolf is asked how she wants her meat cooked and the way she answered "Rare." was just too hokey for words. In all fairness, I did get a good laugh, but I was really hoping to see a good wearwolf story.

Mike
The Howling was supposed to be a horror/ dark comedy/satire while also being a spoof of sorts. It was supposed to be camp. It was intentional, which you apparently missed.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:13 am

"Camp" is really tough to bring off, isn't it? Even when it is well done, not everyone is going to like it. And too often movies fail because they try to be everything at once--scary, funny, self-satirizing.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Bogyman, "The Howling" was, in fact billed as a horror movie, and not as a comedy. Perhaps camp was it's intention, but nothing was said about it being a comedy or a satire of any kind. It was listed in all the movie reviews, listings and promoted on tv as a horror story about wearwolvs, which is why I thought, and still tend to think that it's comedic value was purely accidental.

Now if you like campy flicks, Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" really fills the bill.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:45 am

Yes, the Burton Dark Shadows was clearly intended to be comedic.