OCTOBER 2017

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Miss Monster
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: OCTOBER 2017

Post by Miss Monster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:24 pm

you're weird.. anyway, if you want us to come to Texas you should be looking into some haunted hospitals or something

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 am

Well, ok, we can save our breath till October 2017! :lol: So, f- all the s**t! :D

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 am

Fork it! Fork this steak!
Fork all this steak!
Last edited by Castle on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

Miss Monster
Halloween Master

Post by Miss Monster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 am

you guys are sooo bad :roll:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

I like the "Witches Triangel" idea, and the abandoned asylum on the outskirts of San Antonio too. The haunted woods where there is a wearwolf supposedly running around is also a good idea, but I also prefer the cabin idea over tent sleeping. I don't sleep too well in tents, especialy if it rains.

I do sort of remember reading about "Witches Triangle" up in Wisconsen. That's not too far a drive from where I live. About 8 or 9 hours. That could be a nice 'haunted road trip' to do some time just for giggles.

If we were to go to an abandoned place, the sleeping probably would not be so great, and it likely would end up beig an "up-all-nighter" I would definately bring my camera, and I would want to capture some good exterieros before we went inside. Then do some interiors when we're inside of both the place and the people who are with me.

I also agree that this should be for those who are SERIOUS GHOTS HUNTERS only. A little 'tom foolery' is no crime. We all could use a little humor once in a while, but I would hate it if this whole thing were to degenerate into a prank fest where we end up in a contest as to who can crazy glue the most people's underwear to their sleeping bag or what ever. I would LOVE to do something like this with those of you who are SERIOUS about haunted places, and who enjoy good lor about hauntings and ghosts.

Mike

Miss Monster
Halloween Master

Post by Miss Monster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:50 pm

lol Mike I promise not to glue your underwear to your sleeping bag.
This is something that I've always wanted to do, I'm willing to travel pretty far so I don't want it to be for something stupid.
I want a good solid location, or a few different ones.
And I'm definitely ready to stay up all night :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Great. Then so far here is what we have.

Abandone asylum outside San Antonio
Witches Triangle in Wisconsen
Other haunted places in San Antonio.

I'm sure we are going to see a whole hose of other ideas crop up over the next 7 years, but at least we are brain storming.

We may want to do something like thos alittle sooner as a "trial run."

Mike

Miss Monster
Halloween Master

Post by Miss Monster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm

So far San Antonio gets my vote because of the abandoned asylum, and because I mapquested it and it looks like I might be able to drive.
(which would be preferable)
But I'm still completely open to suggestions, so long as they're not half way around the world.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am

Even though Witches Triangle in Wisconsen is closer, I think it would be fun to take the motorcycle down to San Antonio. Besides, I asor of have a thing for abandoned insane asylums. They just lend themselvs to some really creppy and interesting photography. So I am going to vote with Miss Monster for the San Antonio luney bin, but like her, I am also opened to suggestions.

Now here's a little hint or tip or what ever you want to call it. Starting today, I am going tp out 20 bucks, just 20 bucks a week aside every week until 2017. That should not be too hard to do for a lot of people. Those of you who live closer, could put 10 or 5 a week. There are 52 weeks in a year. I did the math, and here is what I came up with.

Now most of 2010 is gone, so I am going to base this on the number of weeks from now, until the first week of October in 2017.

Between now and the time frame I amthinking in terms of is a total of 359 weeks. Here are a few arithmatic equasions that I played around with. I am going to give my example first as I will be saving 20 a week.

359..........weeks
X20......... Dollars

$7180.00......Dollars That's way more then enough for a trip to Texas.

Now let's see if we cut that in half

359.........weeks
X10.........Dollars

$3590.00.....Dollars or just ad a zero to the 359 fiture to make it easy. Thats stillmore thenenough to go on a road trip, and for those of you who live near or around San Antonio, that would be over kill.

I think it can also be done if you just put aside 5 dollars a week.

359.............Weeks
X 5 ............Dollars

$1795.00..........Dollars. For me, that would be a bit of a "shoe string" budget, but it's doable.

So at the 20 buck a week figure, I could go to San Antonio and have enough left over for a new video camera or something. Save 10 bucks a week, and I could still travel in relative confort and have enough for a few of the extra. Save 5 bucks a week and I can still get there, but would have to tighten my belt a bit.

In the case of those of you who live nearer, the money becomes less of an issue. So I think it's worth a try, and I already squirled away my first 20.

Mike

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Here's the asylum on Google maps. I've read a few different stories behind it, one saying it wasn't an asylum at all. But the building is definitely there.

Well looks like I don't need to save much money. I'm not more than ten miles from that place. :mrgreen:
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

HeadStone13
Ghost

Post by HeadStone13 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

I don't know if I'd be able to travel or not in seven years But I did know that 2017 is the next October Friday the 13th. I found that fact here along with some other interesting Friday the 13th facts...
http://screamingscarecrow.com/halloween ... 3th-facts/

If any of the movies were shot on location maybe the trip could go to one of these locations.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloweennut08 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Why wouldn't you want to be a part of this site 7 years down the road as long as this site is up i will be on it. I had some deaths in the family this year that really tore everyone apart and my Halloween wasnt really that good I enjoyed it but Im looking forward when it comes for Halloween 2011!!!!!!!!
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:04 am

Interesting web site about Friday the 13th. October 13th falls on a Friday every 11 years, as noted by the fact that last Friday Oct 13th was in 06, and the next Friday Oct 13th will be in 17. The one after, 28. The one after that, 39, and so on and so on.

As for being here for 7 years, I don't know if I ever will leave here as long as the site is up and running. In fact, I think I've been here already for about 3 years.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote:In fact, I think I've been here already for about 3 years.

Mike
Mike, I've been around here since earlier spring 2006.... But I've changed my user name for so-what-ever reason. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I don't remember the exact dayt I signed on to this forum, but I really like it, and if it's still around 7 years from now, I will most likely still be onit. Besides, it's the idea of hanging with like minded people that keeps me comming here. Most people I know are not into Hallwoeen the way I'm into it.

Mike