What do you hand out on Halloween?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What do you hand out on Halloween?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 am

I think next October I am going to stick with good ole Snickers, Butter Fingers and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. The kids love them, and it's only once a year. I mighg eat one Peanut Butter cup, but I'll be reaching for the Rollaids after words.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Too much chocolate candies always give me a major heartburn! I've always taken some tums. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Vlad:

I don't have any food alergies per se, but I did have a Gastric Bypass 3 weeks ago, and my stomach is about the size of my thumb. The doctor told me that it will fit no more then 4 ounces of food at each meal. I can barely get down two ounces, and I'm losing weight at a break-neck speed, so I'm hapy about it. But that doesn't mean that I can't have one bit size snickers bar or one peanut butter cup on Halloween. But my pouch won't abide any more then that.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:07 pm

This year, assuming I find the time, I'm making little paper mache "bombs" stuffed with goodies. It'll be a little pinata... only pirate-themed.

If and when I get one completed (I didn't want to work too hard on 'em yet since stale chocolate is yuck! and I usually buy some dealie-o's in late September/early October)... I'll have to post photos.... the concept is fun... the execution of said concept... we'll have to see.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 am

If you're a good artist, that's a great idea. I thought about doing something simular, but I am not really "handy" with handy crafts. I try to compensate by having all of my Halloween candy in a plastic ToT pumpkin, and then I hand out good tasting candy bars like Butterfingers, Nestles Crunch, Snickers or Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. the Trick or Treat ers love them, and it makes my life a tad easier.

Mike

shopcomparecostumes
Ghost

Post by shopcomparecostumes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 am

I would hand out a bunch of scary looking lollipops and put on something scaryy..
I get my Cool costumes at my favorite store. Only in ShopCompareCostumes.com!
The Best Cheap Costumes! Costumes and Accessories all you want! Jump Here

shanda
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanda » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

I think it is great to have such fun memories of your grandfather! My parents were boring and never did anything fun.
I do crazy stuff all the time for and with my kids. When they get embarassed I just ask "Would you rather have a dull boring mom?" They like me goofy.
Snaps for your Pop!!!

Chocolate!!! Glow stix are always a hit too. My kids have to hit the "popcorn" house every year. They hand out paper lunch sacks full of popcorn and a mini cold Coke.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

Pooder
Crypt Keeper

Post by Pooder » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:36 am

I want to go all out in my garage, open the door and give out hot cider and donuts. We live in a small neighborhood with lots of kids, so it wont cost all that much.
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Ack, I'm overweight myself but I don't think I would ever wanna get gastric bypass surgery.
My stomach is shrinkiing on it's own anyway from not having much time to eat at work.

If you're handing out Reeses Pumpkin Man, maybe I'll stop by :lol:
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 am

Yes, I will be handing out Reeses among other goodies. I had the bypass, because of all the other problems I'm having that releated to my weight roblem. I dont' want to go into the whold liteny,

But anyway, here is what I'll be handingout this Haloween. Reeses, Butter Fingers and Nestles Crunch. I'll give you a piece of EACH if you stop by.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:32 pm

EH.. this post is an older one but one i haven't gotten to :)

I like to mix up the traditional candies with some favs.. like candy corn and Twix :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Angelique
Ghost

Post by Angelique » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:56 am

We give out little treat bags full of candy like lollipops, marshmallow ghosts and then a Halloween themed novelty.

One year we gave out a Freddo (a Cadbury chocolate frog) and a can of Coca Cola when we only had a small amount of trick or treaters.

And last year we gave out the treat bags with candy and novelties and a child complained about there being no chocolate?

So this year we are going back to giving out Freddos, lollipops, a novelty and a variety of other candies in the bags. We also have a plastic cauldron full of back up candies like lollipops, chocolates and novelties because we've run out of the treat bags in the past (we usually prepare about 80-100 treat bags).

Angelique

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 am

Those sound pretty neat, Angelique. Chocolate is the favorite inmy neck of the woods, too. That's why I give out Reeses Peanutbutter Cups, Buttfingers and Nestles Crunch bars. Some times I also give out Snickers bars.

Mike

Corvus Kulde
Halloween Master

Post by Corvus Kulde » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 am

Last year we had tons of stuffed animals that were destined for my mother's church's fall festival. The church cancelled the festival and she gave them to us to give out . We were very popular that Halloween. Kid's came running up after a while shouting "That's the house with the toys!" Having heard from those who passed us earlier. That was cool. As far as candy goes I love Sixties, but they are not so easy to find. Chocolate is always better than hard candy. And do not give out that orange and black wrapped taffy stuff. Nasty.
Oh, your so cool, Brewster!
Hey, Butchy. They still got Oreo's next door?
Dracula's in the house!!! In the house?!
Welcome to the party, Honey!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am

Corvus Kulde wrote:And do not give out that orange and black wrapped taffy stuff. Nasty.
lol, I love that peanut butter taffy stuff..........I hate it when the kids bring home hard candy though........
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"