Witches vs. Zombies in Salem

News about Halloween from all over world...
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Witches vs. Zombies in Salem

Post by iHaunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Undertaker
Master Reaper

Re: Witches vs. Zombies in Salem

Post by Undertaker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 am

For me, Salem is the mecca for witch activity! And witches should get priority! Thier is a place for Zombies anywhere, but clashing the two together may be a problem!
I am the last smiling face you"ll see before I shut the lid!

Undertaker
Master Reaper

Post by Undertaker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 am

I think Halloween in Salem would be so fun! Maybe someday!
I am the last smiling face you"ll see before I shut the lid!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am

I'm not into zombies myself, never have been. I love witches!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am

I love ghosts, vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies and more!!! :D

666daGorehound666
Master Reaper

Post by 666daGorehound666 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I AM TERRIFIED OF ZOMBIES AND ANDROIDS!!!!!!!!

THEY SCARE ME AND MAKE ME RUN INTO MY GINA'S BIG ARMS.

SHE KEEPS ME SAFE!!!

MY LAWS HAVE MERCY ON ME BRUDDA!!!!!!!!!!

nancylives!
Zombie

Post by nancylives! » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Undertaker wrote:I think Halloween in Salem would be so fun! Maybe someday!
It is awesome. I have been there on Halloween. They have a lot of spook houses and a street festival with carnival food and beer and everyone in costume. They also have tours of "real" haunted locations and witch houses and spots where witches were hanged!

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I like zombie better than witch. :?
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:16 am

nancylives! wrote:
Undertaker wrote:I think Halloween in Salem would be so fun! Maybe someday!
It is awesome. I have been there on Halloween. They have a lot of spook houses and a street festival with carnival food and beer and everyone in costume. They also have tours of "real" haunted locations and witch houses and spots where witches were hanged!
That sounds like a world of fun!

I hear they also have a big Halloween celebration in Sleepy Hollow, NY.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Once again, we have one group of people who are "offended" by the presence of another group of people, in this case, it's Witches who resent the presence of people dressed like zombies. Folks, THIS IS GETTING STUPID. It's also GETTING OLD.

Mike

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:56 pm

I went to Salem years ago, and even their police have witches on their uniform patches. No joke. I think its kind of odd (stupid really, but odd sounds better) You have all those people executed. NONE of them were witches. They were innocent people killed by the state in a fit of paranoia and ignorance.(With political correctness, we have similar things happening today)

So today, those people who were tried, convicted and killed for crimes they were totally innocent of, are remembered by.......WITCHES!!

What's WRONG with that picture?

It reminds me of the line from the movie, Airplane II....."Irony can be pretty ironic"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

You are right, of course, VanHelsing. None of those people were actually witches, and they were killed unjustly, so it is weird that that history gets celebrated now. I imagine that in Salem to day, it is good for business. It gives them a "hook" for tourism and undoubtedly boosts the local economy.

Have you seen that PBS documentary (maybe on their Secrets of the Dead series) about Salem? The theory put forth is that the people there were suffering from ergot poisoning when their rye crop got infected with a fungus. According to this theory, the Puritans were not necessarily suffering from political correctness so much as an actual toxin they didn't understand. It could have caused hallucinations and fits (which would explain why at least one dog seemed bewitched).

Of course, that's just one theory among many out there. I have also seen explanations that suggested people were greedy for the land of those accused. Perhaps there were several things going on at once. But I do think the theory about ergot poisoning is quite interesting, because it would partially exonerate those who were so ready to believe in witches among them. Perhaps something weird really was happening to them.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm

I did see that special about the possibility of the girls and others being poisoned. I guess its possible. I've always leaned toward the grabbing of land as a pretense for the trials. After all, its not like we haven't been doing it for as long white men have been here. Probably good old fashion hatred and jealousy of your neighbor had a hand in some of the killings.

We might not always be killing innocents with our stupidity as much these days, but you have to wonder.

Last night a city of Atlanta police helicopter crashed and killed both men in the helicopter. The helicopter was made in 1967 and was to have been replaced with a new one when a million dollar federal grant came into the city for that specific purpose in 2001. The money went to "other" areas and now it looks like the Feds will be looking into why the money didn't go to buy the new helicopter.

The mayor and police chief are on crisis control mode now and saying there was nothing wrong with that helicopter and if there was, the pilot/observer team should have said something. Some people around Atlanta are saying they did, but were told by higher ups to shut up.

So now after all these years you will have the local government going on a "witch hunt" of their own so they don't catch the blame for not doing their jobs in the first place. Of course with the two officers who were flying the helicopter dead, its much easier for the city to pass the buck and blame away from themselves.

The more things change.........

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I heard about those deaths in Atlanta, but I hadn't heard the details about the helicopter. So sorry to hear that.

scareviewzombies.com
Haunt Master

Post by scareviewzombies.com » Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 am

I was planning a trip to Salem around late Sept but plans changed hotels get booked up quick in Sept and Oct
☺Visit my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!☺

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b