Halloween Members Decreased?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
OktoberFest
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween Members Decreased?

Post by OktoberFest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Just curious. iHaunt and I've been discussed about this some dead posts here... But I only joined here a few days ago or so... Wow! I can't believe it is so dead around here, is this an abandoned forum? :shock:

I heard it used to be so active...... sad sad sad

Yeah..... it's quite low traffic... too bad too. The old Halloween.com Forums was so popular back in earlier 2000's something like that.... where did they go?? :?

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween Members Decreased?

Post by Halloweennut08 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:27 am

I'm here I don't know many things could be the cause. Bad economy, who knows but Imm just glad for all the people that are here.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:54 am

same here :) i started posting regularly maybe 2 to 3 months ago!! i love this site. if this is dead then i'd love to see what ALIVE is :) i bet its tons of fun :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

WitchyMama
Crypt Keeper

Post by WitchyMama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 am

Perhaps because people can't spend as much time as they want here? I can only check in about once a day. I still prefer this place over other forums. Everyone here is nice and there isn't any drama. One thing I can't stand is a bunch of drama.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 am

HERE HERE!! yea, there hasn't been any drama on here that i know of :) *knocks on wood* the mods do a great job at monitering the place :)

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:03 pm

adrian wrote:same here :) i started posting regularly maybe 2 to 3 months ago!! i love this site. if this is dead then i'd love to see what ALIVE is :) i bet its tons of fun :)
In October there isn't enough room to "swing a dead cat" in here, as they say. :D

'They' have some odd expressions, don't they?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 pm

I don't know about everyone but I don't get on this site very much till Aug or Sept & of course Oct. I also believe that alot af people are sick with the flu, my daughters school has 1/2 the class missing due to the flu, it's been rampid in St Peters, Mo. My youngest (14) has it right now. Has anyone heard from Mhooch, I've been looking for her online? Witchy

OktoberFest
Crypt Keeper

Post by OktoberFest » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 pm

It does seem quiet on this forum. Last haunt season it was much more active on here, lots of regular posts right up until "witching hour" on the 31st and after. :wink:

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Maybe if we all start eating our Halloween candy now, even though there aren't as many of us, it'll look like there are more of us in here. Everyone puff out your tummies and stick out your elbows!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 pm

MacPhantom wrote:Maybe if we all start eating our Halloween candy now, even though there aren't as many of us, it'll look like there are more of us in here. Everyone puff out your tummies and stick out your elbows!

hahahaha i'm ahead of you lol munchin on butterfingers :)

swing a dead cat...... i LOVE that saying. i'm going to start using it :alien:

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I visit this board every day and try to make a few posts every time.
When you seach "Halloween" on Google, Halloween.com is one of the first to show up.
I know quite a few people who are fans of the holiday, so I'll do my part in trying to get more posters here.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:35 pm

witchy wrote:I don't know about everyone but I don't get on this site very much till Aug or Sept & of course Oct. I also believe that alot af people are sick with the flu, my daughters school has 1/2 the class missing due to the flu, it's been rampid in St Peters, Mo. My youngest (14) has it right now. Has anyone heard from Mhooch, I've been looking for her online? Witchy
Unfortunately Mhooch is no longer active on the board, along with a majority of the older members. Most people on the forum right now haven't even heard of the "old generation" of Halloween.com members because most of them left in early 2008 i believe. From what I can see jadewick, Tantraman and I are the only active members from that group which is kind of sad.

OctoberFest is correct, the forum used to be much more active until there was a mass exodus, which I don't necessarily feel it appropriate to talk about publicly. Since I have been here since 2006, I have seen all the ups and downs and the member count hasn't quite recovered from the large loss of the "old generation"

But i do have to say that everyone on the forum at this point is awesome and i feel honored to chat about our sacred holiday with all of you. I feel that slowly we are building a NEW generation, and if we continue to grow our community will become even stronger. If you personally know anyone who you believe would be interested in the forum then please invite them to our community so we can add to our numbers. Any efforts will help!
Thanks guys,
MF

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 pm

oh i'm definitley in on helping our family grow.

i'm curious about the past exodus you speak of. P.M. maybe if its not TOO personal.. i'd like to know

also, yea i've seen how the older members aren't logging in anymore.. :( its sad

but hey, now we've got a new group and we're active. all we need to do is keep things fun and friendly (like we have been doing) and people will come :) before we know it, we wont be able to keep up with all the active posts ;)

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I haven't been terribly active around here, but I have a damned good excuse-- I bought a house and moved a month ago. It has really put me behind in my plans... all that packing and then unpacking (which I'm STILL doing).

There are only 38 days left, but I still have pieces of costume to toss together-- I've been working on my costume since February! (Thank Goodness!) I also have paper mache candy "bombs" to make... a cannon to help build (we have the guts, but we need to build the facade). I'm also planning a party... I have the invites designed, but I've been waiting on my damned Rewards card so I can buy cool paper and envelopes from the office store..... and, apparently (as of 2-weeks ago) they told me they don't forward those when you move. *grrrr* (I was supposed to have that a month ago! So... I'm a little peeved.) My husband hasn't even STARTED his costume... and I don't know if or when I'll be carving a pumpkin this year! *headdesk*

However... I WILL get everything done. Mark my words! Muahaha!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:26 pm

jadewik wrote:I haven't been terribly active around here, but I have a damned good excuse-- I bought a house and moved a month ago. It has really put me behind in my plans... all that packing and then unpacking (which I'm STILL doing).

There are only 38 days left, but I still have pieces of costume to toss together-- I've been working on my costume since February! (Thank Goodness!) I also have paper mache candy "bombs" to make... a cannon to help build (we have the guts, but we need to build the facade). I'm also planning a party... I have the invites designed, but I've been waiting on my damned Rewards card so I can buy cool paper and envelopes from the office store..... and, apparently (as of 2-weeks ago) they told me they don't forward those when you move. *grrrr* (I was supposed to have that a month ago! So... I'm a little peeved.) My husband hasn't even STARTED his costume... and I don't know if or when I'll be carving a pumpkin this year! *headdesk*

However... I WILL get everything done. Mark my words! Muahaha!
You are more than excused Jadewik! Just hearing all of that gives me a headache. :( And trust me I know how much trouble it is moving into a new house, been there done that and it takes SOO much time and effort. I do hope you get all your things done and also I look forward to hearing from you some more on the forum.