Keep Halloween "pet safe"

Discussion of general Halloween topics
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Keep Halloween "pet safe"

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:24 pm

I think it's gotten to the point where they've made trick or treating safe enough for children, what with blinky lights, always go with an adult, etc. etc. etc.
But I've heard that sometimes, people will sacrifice animals on Halloween. There's also a high amount of traffic with trick or treating. Some decorations could be a choke hazard for cats and dogs. Halloween lights and stuff.
Personally I think on Halloween people should keep all their pets, especially their cats, inside during Halloween. Keep decorations out of reach of pets, just like you would at Christmas Time. Especially any that may contain lead and/or choking hazards. Some Halloween decor may have spikes and stuff on them, so try to keep them somewhere where a cat or dog can't reach them. (Might be more difficult to keep out of reach of cats, as they can climb XD; )
What are some other ways we can keep Halloween "pet safe?"

Edit: Here's some links to some tips on how to keep Halloween Pet safe: http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/keep_ ... oween.html
http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/we ... 02303a.htm
http://www.halloween-safety.com/hallowe ... _pets.html
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Re: Keep Halloween "pet safe"

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Great idea!!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks. I think it's best we keep our pets safe, and that way we won't have to worry about them getting hurt (or worse) while we have fun Celebrating Halloween. X3
I personally, would rather not spend halloween making an emergincy vet visit, or find my cat getting hurt somewhere. I figured since many of us are probably pet owners, a topic like this would be helpful. :)
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 am

my cats stay inside on halloween, especially my black cat. my dog i have to keep in 1 of the bedrooms coz she wants to play w/ the ToTers and tries to run away. i don't have any problems w/ them getting into the decorations
trick or treat

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Our dog will usually stay very close to my wife, almost to the point where he gets in the way of things. He'll either do that or run upstairs in our bedroom and hide in our closet. Poor guy. :|

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:00 am

My dog, black lab, she is very smart, she always does listen to me, she understands my signing language, and others as well...

She always protects me from any strangers such as mailman, delivery men, solicitors, etc. Even, if anyone wishes to kill my dog, I will get EVEN!!! :evil:

If my grandpa and I find out whoever did kill our dog, then they will be underground period!!! :lol: My grandpa has a long rifle, I don't know what kind of it is... he hid it in his own closet in the bedroom, but I do have my own 9mm handgun!
Please understand that this is for our own protection only, so NO ONE else can mess us around! ;)

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:33 am

Haunt Master wrote:My dog, black lab, she is very smart, she always does listen to me, she understands my signing language, and others as well...
Aw, I use to grow up with a black lab from about age 10 to age 17-18. She was a great dog, always happy. Right now me & the mrs. currently have a beagle named Shelton. It's actually kind of cute the way we found him. :)

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 am

my dog's also a black lab and she's very protective also. she's just also very playful
trick or treat