Greetings from "Son-of-Thing"

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Son-of-Thing
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Greetings from "Son-of-Thing"

Post by Son-of-Thing » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:20 am

Greetings All!

‘Been haunting the posts here for a while and thought it was time to officially materialize… As a lifelong Halloween-head, I’m horribly happy to dig in, heh-heh…, and look forward to sharing some frighteningly delightful posts. Vlad to be in on the fun and beast witches to everyone! (Yes, I read too many issues of “Famous Monsters of Filmland” magazine at an early age, and I’m afraid that once bitten by “The Ackermonster”, a taste for bad puns forever lingers in the blood…)

Carpe Noctum!

Johnny “Son-of-Thing” C.
http://www.crumpkinspumpkins.com
(broadband required)

(ps: When I'm not haunting my poisonous virtual pumpkin patch, we’re also making mischief at YoYo Island (.com), and, for those who may be interested, here’s a link to a kinda cool Halloween podcast our little troupe of zombies put together this year with Jason (no, not “that” Jason) Croft, aka “Java” of Java’s Bachelor Pad, for some swingin’ Retro-Rat Pack-HeadlessHorseman jive, punctuated with a little “War Of The Worlds” spoof in five unnatural acts --

http://www.cosmicassociates.com/cp_jbp_ ... owlink.htm

-- which will be online through Thanksgiving. )
"By My Prickly, Long-Stemmed Nose,
Something Wicked This Way Grows...!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:24 am

Hello & Welcome Son-Of-Thing, to our spookytown, glad you decided to join us. Enjoy checking out the many threads and meeting all the wonderful spooky spirits that call this home. Love your avatar by the way, it's very unique :D :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:31 am

GREETINGS Son-of-thing!!! You are MOST welcome here!
As you've already said, you've been looking around for awhile so I'm sure you're familiar with a few of us!
NOW, let US get to know YOU!
Tell us a bit about yourself!

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Son of a thing

Post by spookyboo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:42 am

Welcome Son of a Thing....so glad to see new meat ummm um people joining us
I am just drooling uh dinning to get to know you...dying, Glad you could join us
yes very glad indeed
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Son-of-Thing
Vampire

Post by Son-of-Thing » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:44 am

Well, my Avatar is named "Cyrano", for one thing. Thanks for your kind comment, DoD! Made the little tyke myself, and you can meet him (if you've got broadband) at Crumpkin's Pumpkin Patch (http://www.crumpkinspumpkins.com).

And so happens, OEJ, I spent a good deal of me misspent youth in sunny Portland OR. Miss it. Not too green down here in all-too-sunny SoCal, but that's where the haunted studio is...

This looks like a great community, and I appreciate your bloody nice welcome!

SOT

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:04 am

Welcome! What a blast from the past, Famous Monsters!! My older brothers would look at those for hours. I miss them. The magazines. Well, okay, I guess the brothers too. :wink:

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:59 am

Welcone Son of Thing!
I heard that little diddy on the website, AND got stuck in the Hay Maze. Wonderful website. Quite the creative fiend you are! :lol:

Seems you'll fit in right nicely here with our band of nocturnal beings, monsters & witches. I hope you have a great time here with us. Looking foreward to meeting you out in the forums.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:18 am

Welcome Son of thing. Glad to meet you. :D

BTW, Wolfie, I love the new avatar. Very cool pic. :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:39 am

Greetings, Son-of-Thing!! Good to have you, can't wait to check out your website! :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:27 am

hey dude. you have found a truly wonderful place here. enjoy.

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Welcome son of thing. It seems you would fit in here really good!
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Welcome SOT! Glad to have you aboard the crazy train (shout out to Ozzy). Your website certainly fits the character of this wonderful place. Tell us more about yourself when you have a chance!
Don't drink and fly...

Son-of-Thing
Vampire

Post by Son-of-Thing » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Wow, just climbed out of the crypt this morning – and I am quite overcome by the welcome I’ve received here! Many thanks for all the hospitable salutations, so warm, so pulsing with life, so – er, best leave it there… A bit about me for the curious –

While reading all those issues of "Famous Monsters" (yes, dust-him-off, I’m that old, but my Contract keeps me looking quite well-preserved…) I made my first youthful sojourn to The Ackermansion, and am proud to say I’ve shaken the hand that bears Lugosi’s authentic Dracula ring, and beheld the ancient blob of Lon Chaney’s greasepaint it conceals.

In my late teens I started out in the Special FX business (Contract or no, I’ll decline to say exactly when, but I’ll admit I did miniature and prop work on BladeRunner, and was a puppeteer on Beetlejuice. I also worked on Star Wars in the middle of the night for fifteen minutes, but that’s a forked-tale for another time…). A past life, though, and the lid’s been long nailed shut there. Still, the skills and experience I earned during those years have helped immensely when my pale bride Libby and I are competitively haunting the house at Halloween. Heh-heh…

I’ve been a freelance writer since the early ‘90’s, and way back at the turn of (this) century I started an entertainment development studio here in Hollyweird Del Norte (aka NOHO, aka North Hollywood, CA). “Crumpkin’s Pumpkins” started out as a teleplay that sort of morphed into an online virtual entertainment (along with some of the other brain-damaged projects floating around in the jars here), originally as a publicity and promotional “calling card”, and over time it’s started taking on a life of its own. Eeek.

Hope those who can visit (sorry it’s broadband-exclusive, but hopefully things will get faster and smoother for everybody as time flits along) will have an eerily good time.

Thanks again for the generous welcome here. I can see I’ve found my way into fun and like-minded company, and I’m kicking myself in the cape for not joining up sooner (though I’m a bit chagrined to realize what my username’s acronym implies. Ah well, if the shoe fits…, those tanna leaves do make a tasty brew…)

Well, (some of) you axed for it. If I’m this long-winded again in any of my future posts, someone please put a stake through me (medium-rare, maybe a little red sauce on the side… ;)

Cheers all, and Carpe Noctum!
SOT