Halloween lights and props left outside!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hauntmaster

Halloween lights and props left outside!

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Hey, did you clean up or just leave them right outside? Just curious.

Well, I still have everything left outside. I just turned on the halloween lights and props to activate all night tonight. Maybe I am going to clean them up tomorrow or the next day. I am still keeping JOL pumpkin for liting up the candle all the week! 8)

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:50 pm

I have left my JOLs, wreath and "Caution" tape outside.. but we took the fairy lights in :)

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 pm

I'm lighting my JOL's right now. I've decided to keep Halloween going for a couple of more days. :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:30 am

i'll take my stuff down tomorrow and throw the pumpkins awawy on the next garbage day
trick or treat

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:17 pm

I'll leave my JOL's outside until they get too nasty to look at. All the stuff from inside the house is put away, however. :(

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 pm

First I thought, "I'll keep everything up until El Día de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) ends on November 2."

Then I realized I can keep the decorations up through Guy Fawkes Day, Nov. 5.

And hey, pumpkins and general autumn items will stay up through the rest of November.

Because I said so, that's why. :)

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:26 pm

I took everything down and packed bins from 10 am until 8 pm! Every year I take Nove 1st off to do this...don't know why....maybe it gives me something to do besides mourn that it's all over. I do keep a bit of Halloween up all year long (two witch sculptures) but now I'm in harvest mode.
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Cad makes a good point, a lot of the harvest, pumpkins, scarecrows, etc stay up until after thanksgiving. Throw in a Turkey or two and you're good to go. Happy Thanksgiving ( The older brother of Halloween) :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Halloween decorations

Post by spookyboo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:50 am

I still have everything up just as it was! I couldn't bear to take it down yet. I will probably start putting it away slowly next week that way it wont hurt all at one time, plus I usually leave up pumpkin stuff through Thanksgiving anyway and I have a few Halloween items that stay up all year just to keep me happy!
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Everything was packed up sat only 2 more trips to storage

frenchy45
Crypt Keeper

Post by frenchy45 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:43 pm

The same night around 11h i started to pack everything just in time before the rain and to make sure that i still have something left in the morning i was so afraid that somebody would come and serve themself in the front lawn

next year it will be different we learn year after year

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:23 am

Heh heh...there is this place down the street...they have their outside stuff ALL up still...cobwebs and pumpkins, the whole bit, and one mummy skeleton ghoul standing with arms outstretched! It totally looks scary and I applaud them and it kinda makes me sad too because they'll probably take it down soon!

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:23 am

I live in an apartment complex. I can't leave anything up outside. I put up a canopy and table with a orange set of Icicle Lights along the back edge. and the inflatable spider. (The big spider with the inflation fan?) We have little children around here, so things like that have to be brought in.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:09 am

I've taken down all of our outside stuff, except for the pumpkins we have that we didn't carve (hopefully they'll last through Thanksgiving). Took down the streamers and balloons in the house too, but my village is still on the mantle and our entertainment center is still decked out...I just can't make myself clear it away yet.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 am

I've already taken everything down just today because this morning one of my hanging skeleton prop has been stolen, so I was very disappointed! But I'm doing all right. Except I left all spider cobwebs there.