To all you Halloween protesters: Get over yourselves.

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

To all you Halloween protesters: Get over yourselves.

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:39 pm

Halloween has been celebrated for decades on decades now. It's a bit too late in the game to suddenly decide that it offends your sensitivities. The problem with Political Correctness is...really it is hardly ever correct at all. More times than not it seeks to ruin the fun of many, to spare the feelings of very few. As far as i'm concerned, the few are burnt. If we go out of our way to cushion the world around us, we will only serve to produce a generation of soft people. Sometimes it helps to toughen your skin a bit.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:46 pm

You're preachin' to the choir, my friend!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:51 pm

I'm kinda moreso preachin to the haters. The folks who you don't see in here who shadow these forums.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Amen, Brother!
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 pm

Wasn't there a thread on this same subject a week ago?

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:04 pm

Dude, so what. Now one week later, i'm bringing it up again after hearing about New Jersey. So, I apreciate your concern about forum tidyness, but two similar threads a week apart is kind of a non issue. We're not exactly combating a spam epidemic in here.

angel222
Haunt Master

Re: To all you Halloween protesters: Get over yourselves.

Post by angel222 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:39 am

Nostalgiascape wrote:Halloween has been celebrated for decades on decades now. It's a bit too late in the game to suddenly decide that it offends your sensitivities. The problem with Political Correctness is...really it is hardly ever correct at all. More times than not it seeks to ruin the fun of many, to spare the feelings of very few. As far as i'm concerned, the few are burnt. If we go out of our way to cushion the world around us, we will only serve to produce a generation of soft people. Sometimes it helps to toughen your skin a bit.

First of all I agree with you there and politics really just sucks and it divides people apart.

Happy halloween everyone.
hello

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 am

Cadaverino wrote:Wasn't there a thread on this same subject a week ago?
I agree there are like 3 others like this but yea not everyone is going to love halloween like we do.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:30 am

Some of you might remember that 'nice old lady' who a while back was calling my tape of MONSTER MASH satan's music.or some such...
Well, more on the delightful senior...
I was telling someone and I guess she calls EVERYTHING Satanic..including Dean Martin, the A&P, plastic lawn furniture, OF COURSE ALL HARRY POTTER, and 'any movie with Mexicans in it..'
Found this out at the local A&P, where I was talking about her to a friend who worked there and he gave me the low down...the staff likes to hear her complain as she goes through and labels everything that torques her off 'as of the devil'...
Other parts of Satan's workshop...
Anyone who disrespects the President.
All rock music.
Polkas
Soda crackers.

Her son, from what I have been lead to believe has not been home for some time...he now lives in New Zealand and would go further if he could find someplace that WAS further...

SEE HALLOWEEN HATERS???? This IS WHAT HAPPENS to you!! The rest of us get the babes in the tight red devils suits and The Purple People Eater playing on the box...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:31 pm

OMG Uncletor.....I laughed so hard at your post...I am STILL LAUGHING ..out loud!....especially at "soda crackers." I love it!! HA HA HAAA!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:57 pm

Halloween has been celebrated in many and many years ago.... Some people who HATE Halloween should move on and leave us alone! We need to kick Halloween Haters' butt! :lol:

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Very funny Uncletor. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:40 pm

I don't get the 'Soda Crackers'.

EVERYTHING ELSE.... YEAH!!!! SURE!!!!! :twisted:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:22 am

Uncletor, you're so freakin funny :lol:

I say, Kill them with kindness :D It's always worked for me, or at least gets them to be so freaked out by me that they leave me alone :wink:

Or bring up stats to them: How many people have you ever heard of that become so depressed over Halloween that they end their life vs the same at xmas? How many people get murdered over xmas related issues such as finances, lonlieness etc vs Halloween? I mean really, how many negative aspects can you count are related to the xmas holidays vs Halloween?

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:38 am

I read that the belief that suicides are more common around Christmas and New Year is false, an urban legend:
One of the largest studies examined seasonal trends in more than 3,670 suicides and about 3,300 psychiatric admissions to the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Durham, N.C. It found no increase in suicides or psychiatric admissions around the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

Other studies verified that national suicide rates in December and January were either average or below average.
More here.