Christmas Music In October?!?

Discussion of general Halloween topics

When should XMAS music and items begin putting out in the stores?

Right Now!
11%
After Thanksgiving!
68%
Wait Till December!
16%
Year-Round!
5%

Total votes: 19

hauntmaster

Christmas Music In October?!?

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Whatever happened to waiting till after Thanksgiving?!
I think it's too early for XMAS music and items in stores and XMAS commercials!! Yes, I have already seen one. :roll:

I like XMAS, but stores, radio and TV stations are going to make me dislike XMAS and become a total Scrooge!! :evil:

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:24 pm

I have to admit I'm guilty of listening to Christmas music in July, September, and this month-- someone sent me the "I want a hippo for christmas" song.... and Celtic Women songs are just so soothing when you're in the grind at work.

Though, it does irritate me when Christmas starts to infringe upon Halloween and the US Turkey-Day. I can understand Christmas in the craft stores early since it takes time to make Christmas crafts for people and craft shows... but in retail stores? Eesh. c'mon!

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 pm

I definatly noticed the clash this year. More christmas stuff on display on the sales floors. Every time I see it I say... "Oh, C'mon! Halloween hasn't even passed away yet! Christmas stuff aready? You're kidding right?" AND I say it loud enough that EVERYONE within fourty feet hear me.

But I will say this. It's only good if you find something from the christmas decorations that you can use for Halloween. A few years ago, you had to buy the flickering candle flame bulb, or the El Cheapo plastic electric candles AT Christmas to use durring Halloween. (But only if you can remember where you stashed them come Halloween of the next year.)

But mostly, it's the rope lighting. Can't find the colors I want durring Halloween, so I would have to wait for Christmas to roll around (and suck-up the loss of NOT having them this year.)

Other than that, the giant inflatable snowmen, fake trees and the blow-molded nativity sets can go back to Holiday World, and wait their G*dd*mmmed turn.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:06 pm

I like to see christmas stuff alot. But geez its so early. Im sure time will fly bye. But Lets celebrate Halloween first! Mabey I feel this way because I work in the Mall and I get to hear the same christmas music everyday 10-9 for a couple months. I used to love it but now its cool the first week then it drives me nuts.
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm with everyone. I REAAAAAAAAALLY love Christmas!!!! but NOT until after Thanks Giving.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:45 pm

im so glad its not just here that retailers are going nuts with the christmas stuff. i mean, seriously...we were in target looking at halloween decorations about a week and a half ago and they had christmas music playing. listening to christmas music while picking out halloween decorations...something is just not mixing there...

thankfully though, i wasn't the only shopper who thought it was ridiculous. there were others making comments about it too!

btw - i also love christmas and i am one of those christmas freaks who loves to listen to christmas music from thanksgiving right up until christmas day, but before then...its just over doing it.

ever wonder if the christmas lovers think we're weird for wanting halloween stuff out and in the stores way before halloween????

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

I get it on about a week before Thanksgiving....esp if the weather is cool. :P

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Nov 1st
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Earlier this week I ordered five Christmas CDs that were on sale from my record club, and the first one arrived today and I've been listening to it. I used to be one of those people who complained about how Christmas retaling was getting earlier every year.

Then I admitted to myself that — who am I kidding! — I love Christmas, almost as much as I love Halloween. I love everything about it. I tune in Christmas radio stations on Live365 all year round. I buy Christmas presents for my family throughout the year. I can't wait for the first big snowfall, for the streets downtown to be decorated with lights, for midnight mass, for putting up the Christmas tree, for the family get-togethers.

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:44 pm

It's nice that you can keep the christmas spirit alive all year round. But we're talking about why the stores feel the need to push the christmas marketing waaay past two other holidays, nearly 3 months before it's due. My guess is that the merchants want to cash in sooner and pry more money out of the consumer's pocket by playing up Christmas sooner. In short... It's "greed".

I mean c'mon. I haven't even had the chance to hand out the
candy I slaved for weeks injecting it with draino yet.

Just Kidding!

I'd never use Draino. CLR is much more
effective and it doesn't foam up in the syringe.
:twisted:
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 pm

We do have a radio station here that is already playing Christmas Music 24/7. They are calling it "The 93 days of Christmas." I'm tempted to tune it...just for a little taste....but I wish the stores would hold off on the decor until after Halloween!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:39 pm

93 days of Christmas???! Disney just started it's 13 days of Halloween for cripes sake. Give Rudolph a couple more weeks to rest his little hooves. :x
Don't drink and fly...

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:56 am

Well, I figure that if we can clamor for earlier Halloween stuff, then Christmas can have early sell dates too. Now personally, I don't listen to Christmas music the whole year, but I do pop in a Christmas movie every once in a while, and I have the soundtrack of the "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" TV special. And if you think about it, it's weird to have a soundtrack for a TV special!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 am

i'm all for christmas , but WAIT TIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we hav a sounds of the season channel on our digital cable service, and you would think they would play halloween music for october, BUT NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's christmas all year round
trick or treat

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:34 am

Soundtrack? Isn't it just the music? (Which is pretty good for Christmas anyway.) The special has a lot of songs an...

Waitaminute!!!

I'm being overrun by Xmas!

{Wolfie slaps a halloween disc in the CD player muttering...}

Toccata and Fugue
Toccata and Fugue
Toccata and Fugue...
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^