Movies to play at halloween party?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mama2taj
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Movies to play at halloween party?

Post by mama2taj » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:50 pm

I need help to choose a couple of movies for my party. Im thinking ultimate halloween ones. I need to figure this out soon before I try to go get them and its to late. Thanks
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Okay, MY Opinion...

Now I go classics before remakes any day.

Halloween
Halloween II
Halloween H20
Friday The 13th Parts 4,5&6
The original Texas Chainsaw massacre
The Original, The Fog
Christine
1968 Night Of The Living Dead
Evil Dead
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Two family-friendly comedy classics that your "older" Halloween nuts always enjoy...sometimes better in the later hours of the party:

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Mad Monster Party (1967)

Here's one of my favorite old-fashioned "traditional" horror films:

Horror of Dracula (1958)

For scares with a surreal, crazy twist:

Phantasm (1978)

And for a grim, frightening experience that never fails to put a chill up everyone's spine:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:48 pm

Hmm, Nostalgiascape & tomanderson toke most of my ideas. Here's a couple that are pretty good..

Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane

Monster Man

The Fog

Dawn of The Dead

Maybe try picking up a Horror Documentary. I recommend Spooked: The Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium.

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 pm

I think some of the most appropriate movies to watch at a Halloween party would be:
Halloween 1, 4, or 5
Fright Night
Night of the Living Dead
Night of the Demons 2
Black Sabbath
Sleepy Hollow
Creepshow
Evil Dead 2
The Exorcist
Slither
There are a lot of things to consider! I don't think a Halloween party movie should be over 2 hours long, have many slow scenes, show too much torture/cruelty, or present seasons that contrast with autumn. It needs to be spooky, entertaining, and easy to follow.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:54 pm

Saw Slither last night. It was a hoot. Super sexy, lol.

A fun loving creepy film to watch is Eight Legged Freaks.

And I also agree on Creepshow.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:09 pm

If you need help, here's the top 50 Horror movies.

http://imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Horror/average-vote

Edit: Hey, if you want a good comedy-horror movie, check out Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

horror movies

Post by spookyboo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Hey I cant remember the name of this movie but it was set in Georgia or somewhere like that where these blood worms like swarm over people...and one guy like turns into this worm thing...is it the Worms? I havent seen that since I was 12....anyone remember?
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:If you need help, here's the top 50 Horror movies.

http://imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Horror/average-vote

Edit: Hey, if you want a good comedy-horror movie, check out Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth.
That's a top fifty based on some peoples opinions and polls.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Re: horror movies

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:54 pm

spookyboo wrote:Hey I cant remember the name of this movie but it was set in Georgia or somewhere like that where these blood worms like swarm over people...and one guy like turns into this worm thing...is it the Worms? I havent seen that since I was 12....anyone remember?
Might have been night of the creeps, but I am not sure.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:20 am

How about 'The Changeling' or 'The Sentinel'?

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:23 am

Will the party include children, or just adults? Will this be a situation where everyone is sitting quietly watching the movie together, or will it be playing on a TV set in the background as guests are wandering around talking?

If the party is for adults: Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 original) and Halloween (the 1978 original).

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Re: horror movies

Post by tomanderson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 am

spookyboo wrote:Hey I cant remember the name of this movie but it was set in Georgia or somewhere like that where these blood worms like swarm over people...and one guy like turns into this worm thing...is it the Worms? I havent seen that since I was 12....anyone remember?
Ah, yes..."SQUIRM" from 1976. Great horror film, you can get that real cheap on VHS from half.com or amazon. I just ordered a copy about a month ago. It's fun!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am

Get a trailer tape.
"Trailers" are the coming featues attractions that they have before the movies..right?? Companies have made whole two hour tapes/DVd's of them. They feature enough of a variety of flicks that everybody is going to say, sooner or later.."I remember THAT one.." and you ALSO get folks saying "Geez, NEVER saw THAT before.." They are not too hard on the old attention span, so you can have people walking around and talking and it won't get interupted, and they usually have to be CLOSE to family friendly so you can have the kids going in and out and not worry TOO much..a preview might help that..
You can buy them on line...at ebay, or from the companies that sell them.
Two that I like are from Sinister Cinema..and Something Weird...Sinister Cinema had a six volume deluxe VHS Canadian edition that you can still buy by the individual volumes on line at ebay...just enter in Sinister Cinema and go to the ebay stores at the bottom, five and six, a prettty good selection, are usually around..you can also get a pretty fine trailer DVD from Something Weird.. around now, you can get some trailer dvd's as well from other dealers on the net..just google horror movie trailers and see what you come up with..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Thanks so much I have a really good idea now!!~
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen