What do you do to get your Halloween fix throughout the year

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

What do you do to get your Halloween fix throughout the year

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm

I was in need of a Halloween fix so I thought I would pick your brains!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi Snoopy/Red Baron:

Well, mainly I chat with the folks on this website! It's the only place that I can talk about Halloween in June without getting funny looks from people :roll: I also surf the web looking at other people's pics and ideas, and I am all the time planning the next Halloween's festivities. I have a notebook that I carry in my purse in case inspiration strikes while I'm away from home. And I'm always on the lookout for things that I can use for props and decor. And I keep the soundtrack to "Nightmare Before Christmas" in the CD player in my car. Guess I think about Halloween every day :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:48 pm

MHooch you make me smile :D

I love that you keep a notebook with you and the nightmare before christmas cd in your car!!! I think that chatting on here is my biggest "fix" but other then that it is looking at the slightest thing that reminds me of Halloween in a store. Plus if someone goes on vacation and asks if they can bring something back - I always add "anything Halloween will do me just fine!"
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:10 am

That's awesome Hooch.

I try to keep the horror in my mind! hah hah. I watch as many horror movies as possible. I also listen to HP a lot.

I should totally get that Nightmare Before Christmas CD though.

pssst OT: I'm out of town til late Sunday.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:40 am

I keep Garfields Halloween Adventure and It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown readily available on DVD. Also, I make the horror movie Halloween connection so watching those helps me get my fix. But one horror film in particular really taps me into the Halloween mainframe. It's one of the Halloweens, but the only one without Michael Myers. Halloween III Season Of The Witch. Seriously, find it. Sometimes I will put in my Halloween music mixes and listen to them while I pick my brain for my favorite Halloween memories.

Ghosts and ghouls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange...this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween."
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:23 am

I go sit in my hearse! When its fixed I'll just drive it around! I go look at my casket in the kitchen! Or pull out one of my costumes and wear it for the day. Chat on hear if I need a fix. Any number of things. Even chat with my mom, she's always sending me cool Halloween stuff. Speaking of my mom, she found me a huge head in a crystal ball that talks for $20 brand new at a yard sale that originally cost almost $75. She's sending it in the next week or so. She rocks!
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:32 pm

deadbride how exciting!!! I love finding halloween yardsale stuff - its usually a gold mine you can take for a few bucks.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Halloween in June!

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:23 pm

You guys are so great, and yes, you have been my best way to tide me over until Halloween. For a Halloween fix, I am thinking about throwing a Halloween in June costume party! My friends don't mind since its an excuse to have a party.

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm

We couldn't resist we just had to add a little touch of Halloween to our daughters middle school graduation party.

Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:10 am

I love that graduation cake! Wondeful, great ideas in this thread.

I sort of keep masks and Halloween decorations around all the time, so there's usually some Halloween stuff somewhere nearby. I have a VHS "Horror of Dracula" that I like watching every now and then, because Channel 5 used to play that movie at 8:00 on Halloween night in the mid-70's. It's really a perfect Halloween evening movie.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm

I love that cake, too, Rev. Something like that really brings back good memories....... I don't know WHAT memories (hehehe), just memories! :)

In years to come, I'll either look back on 2007 as the year that started it all or the year where every day was halloween. I've ALWAYS LOOOOOOOOOVED Halloween but this year inparticular has really been quite special...... ya know, with meeting all my new Halloween friends and all.

I've caught the Halloween bug and it's really sunk its fangs into me............ May it never let go!!!!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:21 pm

Ohh, gosh!! I really love HALLOWEEN cake!!! And hey, remember it's just like Halloween everyday!

BTW, I will have to remind one of my families to make me Halloween cake for my birthday! :lol:

So, if they do that, then I will post my birthday cake here! :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:25 am

Hi Snoopy/Red Baron, Nice to meet you, don't think I have at least.

Well Like MHooch, I chat on this site, it's the best! Really helped lift my depression :D Also, like MHooch, I serf the net looking at others pictures & Ideas, and checking out stuff at various Halloween sites. I also plan for the next Halloween. I also check out stuff on ebay, great stuff on there :D ALthough US S&H prices have really gone up :(
I itch about Michael's stocking up for the coming Halloween :D I also keep some halloween decor type stuff out year round.
I listen to music that makes me think of Halloween, Like: Nox Arcana, Midnight Syndicate, Bram Stokers Dracula, etc.
I watch various Halloween clips on You Tube, and movies that make me think of Halloween.

Dream of being in deadbrides shoes and having a hearse, or going and sitting in hers :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:27 am

Revelesnet, Awesome Cake! Wish I'd had cool parents like you :D Lucky Emma :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:31 am

MHooch, what a great idea carrying a note pad around in case thoughts come to you :wink:

deadbride, Your mom Rocks! thats would be so cool to have a crystal ball with a head inside of it, can I borrow your mom :wink:

OEJ, I'm so glad to have meet you too :D

This site is a lifeline for Halloween lovers, thats for sure. I'm not sure if its Halloweencom to thank, but THANK-YOU to all involved for starting this site, bats off to you! :D