Alice Cooper and Classic Rock

Discussion of general Halloween topics
SIEFKA
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Alice Cooper and Classic Rock

Post by SIEFKA » Tue May 26, 2015 9:54 pm

This radio station has been around for awhile now but I just recently figured it out. I love listening to classic rock and I loved the station even more when they Alice Cooper be the radio host every weeknight from I believe 7 pm to Midnight. It is entertaining to hear his intake on things plus with the combination of classic rock I figure its the perfect combination. I figured since the man in my mind is a artist that represents Nightmares and Halloween I figured I would leave this here. Feel free to listen live!

http://wmmq.com/nights-with-alice-cooper/

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: Alice Cooper and Classic Rock

Post by MauEvig » Tue May 26, 2015 11:44 pm

I like some good classic rock so I might check this out sometime.

Even one of my favorite Heavy Metal artists from Disturbed: David Dreiman was influenced quite a bit by many classic artists.

To quote ACDC: "For those about to Rock: We salute you!"
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Alice Cooper was big when I was a kid. He must be in a wheel chair now! :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Billy Idol was here in Atlanta last night, but I didn't feel like putting up with my fellow 1980's survivors and stayed away. My concert going days are long over.

I have a hard enough time putting up with people at football and baseball games. I might have gone postal if I got around some loud and obnoxious 60 year old mullet wearing weirdo!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 am

Apparently, The Rolling Stones are playing a small local club tonight. People were lining up outside just to get a look at Mick and the gang. Can't believe these guys are still rocking even though they are old enough to be Kolchak's younger siblings. :lol:

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Thu May 28, 2015 6:42 am

I am a huge fan of Cooper. I have seen live three times, the most recent in 2011. He is still touring, currently opening up for Motley Crue on their last tour. At 67, most reports is that he is out performing the Crue in almost every show. And that isn't from just biased Cooper fans either.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 am

He had a cameo in that Johnny Depp Dark Shadows movie a few years back, so I knew he was still performing.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:10 pm

My eldest sister met him when she was at university in the late 60's, and she partied with the Doors.

Our oldest brother booked bands for school events and introduced her to most of her favorites.

She is now a semi-retired college instructor and fundamentalist Christian.

It's very odd to think that I never once thought it weird that he used the name Alice, because he is so very, very not a woman.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 am

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks for that list!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 am

"Give me that old time a rock n roll; that kind of music just soothes the soul!"

I like rock of all kinds; but a lot of people have got into Country these days. I remember when it used to be cool to like rock and Heavy Metal and back then I wasn't into it. Then when I started to get into it about 10th grade in High School; people have started liking Country. To each their own I suppose. I'm learning to tolerate Country but I'm still not crazy about it. :lol:

I shall need to check out that list as well.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri May 29, 2015 7:38 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Apparently, The Rolling Stones are playing a small local club tonight. People were lining up outside just to get a look at Mick and the gang. Can't believe these guys are still rocking even though they are old enough to be Kolchak's younger siblings. :lol:

Hey! Don't make me get out of my rocking chair and come over there and brain you with my cane!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri May 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Have any of you seen Cher lately? Her entire body is 97% plastic. If she walks near an open flame, she starts to melt!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat May 30, 2015 8:40 am

:lol:

Mau, I have been amused most of my life by the Rock vs. Country debate. I lean more toward country myself, but the truth is, all contemporary commercial music is way more alike than it is different. I have listened to music of all types for decades--my favorite is actually early music, like, late Medieval & early Renaissance. I used to sing chamber music from that era and enjoyed it so much. But there are so many different styles of music from so many different centuries and cultures. It just floors me that people get so worked up about Country vs. Rock, when they are so similar--provided that a person compares them to the full spectrum of what music has been and can be, I mean.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat May 30, 2015 10:09 pm

:lol: Well Murf you have a good point and technically Rock and Country have the same roots. Rock eventually evolved into things like Hard Rock, Metal and Heavy Metal, then there's alternative. Really I enjoy the sound of the drums pounding and the electric guitar, with the right keyboards in there. Country just has this..."twing twang" sound I'm not crazy about.

Yet I love the countryside and appreciate nature and I'm not much of a fan of crowded streets and busy cities. Although I do enjoy shopping and visiting them once in a while. I prefer the peace and quiet of the country side, with the beautiful blooming blossoms and hearing the sounds of birds singing. Nature has the most beautiful music if you ask me. :lol:

I don't mind some good ol' renaissance style music though or the Celtic stuff, especially since a lot of video games mimic that style of music in RPGs. Sometimes I'll jam to some Video game music.

I like a bit of techno as well. Nowadays they have this electronic music called Dubstep, but I think it's got a similar tune to techno/electronica.

And here's something I find rather interesting. Music composed for cats: http://musicforcats.com/21-listen.htm of course knowing me I would need to incorporate something cat related in a thread right? :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 am

Since I am a singer, I always focus on the voices first. I think that's why I prefer country to rock. The country singers generally have more lyrical voices, which I prefer. Drums are probably my least favorite aspect of music, and I have had to grow into an appreciation for guitars, etc. When musicians go off on those instrumental riffs, I am always like, When are we getting back to the singing? LOL

I listened to the "music for cats." Not as silly as it may seem at first. Most animals do respond to music. I know dogs will listen to it.