New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
ghostess
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: New member Introduction

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

I agree... the pollen was the worst I ever remember this year. I was so glad when we had that block of days that it rained to kind of wash it to the ground, but even after that it still made it hard to mow the lawn without sneezing, coughing, and getting itchy eyes.

I have a bunch of assorted plants for color out there, planted a bunch of new stuff this year, plus one of my neighbors gave me a bunch of stuff that she was thinning out in her yard. My jasmine is blooming like crazy right now, so every time I go out to get the mail, I get a good whiff of it... mmm! And here comes the rain now, I'd better go get the mail before it starts!
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Ever been there in Cuba before? Bahamas? Jamaica?

Well, never been there... I heard Jamaica and Bahamas are the beautiful places to go there, lots of fun, isn't that right??

A friend of mine went there in New Orleans, LA few years ago... He told me he saw some voodoo stuffs like that, and he never had to make deal with them because he was afraid to do so! :shock: And also, he said that the place in NO is cool! But the place smells awful, and there's a cemetery with lots of tombstones!

Anyways, for Melaine... Why did you drool? :D

HalloweenMelanie
Master Reaper

Post by HalloweenMelanie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:
Anyways, for Melaine... Why did you drool? :D
Are you kidding? Two homes on the eastern seaboard, one local to MB? I'd have to be comatose not to be jealous. :lol: Beautiful, beautiful areas, those.

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Bahamas are okay. Jamaica was beautiful, I absolutely loved it. Never been to Cuba, never want to go.

New Orleans is dirty and smelly, always has been from what my mom says (she lived near there for a few years when she was growing up). I was there for a UF/FSU game at the SuperDome. I'd rather go to Savannah, Ga. Loved it there!
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Ghostess,

You don't want to visit there Cuba? Because of Fidel Castro? :lol: Well, that's true.... He doesn't want USA people to come over there, so well, right now, his brother, Raul Castro is running the President of Cuba. I believe Fidel's getting sick and old.

And, Melaine, yes, actually, my aunt is in SC and my grandpa is in VA. I am now staying here the whole summer until early November, then I will go back in SC and stay there until March/April.

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:30 pm

People are DYING to get out of Cuba, why on earth would I want to visit there?

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes, that's true. I heard about that in 1980s some people from Cuba managed to escape from their own country, they moved in Miami. Some live there, some got to move in other states in this USA. Well, that's sad.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Some parts of the Bahamas are great. Some are just ok. ;-) I like the Abacos personally. :-) The Florida Keys are as nice in many areas.

ghostess wrote:Bahamas are okay. Jamaica was beautiful, I absolutely loved it. Never been to Cuba, never want to go.

New Orleans is dirty and smelly, always has been from what my mom says (she lived near there for a few years when she was growing up). I was there for a UF/FSU game at the SuperDome. I'd rather go to Savannah, Ga. Loved it there!
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by HalloweenDot » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:00 pm

When the dictators are gone, Cuba will be a great place to go. Until then I'm sure that from a climate and beauty perspective it is very nice, but from a human perspective it would be like visiting an island prison.
ghostess wrote:People are DYING to get out of Cuba, why on earth would I want to visit there?
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Yes, right... once the dictators are gone, then Cuba will be much likely good place to visit! My girlfriend's mom and grandma ran away from Havanna. They love here in this country better than Cuba.

BTW, Is Virgin Islands the good place to go? Beautiful beach?

And, FYI: If you go visit Jamaica, please be careful not to bother Rastafarians, you know, the voodoo culture, or else, you will be sorry! :shock: My advice is when you see them, just show respect and say "Hi" and walk away. It's simple.

HalloweenMelanie
Master Reaper

Post by HalloweenMelanie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:45 pm

I've never been to any island. Unless Long Island counts. :lol:

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Voodoo only works if you believe in it. :)

I wanna go somewhere tropical (besides Florida)... I was thinking of doing the Bloody Mary Cruise this winter.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Bloody Mary Cruise? Where are you going this winter?

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:21 pm

http://www.dearbloodymary.com/cruise_information.html

I've been wanting to go for a couple of years now, something always gets in the way though.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu May 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi my name is Bobby I think about Halloween all year! :twisted:

What is your favorite part of Halloween?
I love zombies and graveyards

Where are you from?
Vermont

What is your favorite Halloween activity?
i dont know

Favorite Halloween Candy?
candy body parts

Halloween costume?
idont know
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon