What Are You Looking For In 2009?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Horror Flicks
Vampire

What Are You Looking For In 2009?

Post by Horror Flicks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:38 pm

The times have changed.

I want to know what is different for you for Halloween 2009.

What will you do different this year?

What are you looking for online for Halloween that you have not found yet?

I want to know how to make Halloween 2009 better for YOU! :)

Please let me know by sending me PM.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mac

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What Are You Looking For In 2009?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:43 am

For one thing, is I am going to take more time off in October to zoom around on my bike. I am also going to see at least one really top rated haunted attraction, and I am going to see if I can get a hold of a few year decorations.

Mike

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I want to go all out, decoration and costume wise. I want to have the creepiest costume around and I want TOTers to fear my home :lol:
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

gidget
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by gidget » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 am

i am waiting for the aussie dollar to get stronger against the american so i can buy a couple of bucky skeletons. but still need to find a site that ships to aussie without charging a arm and a leg.

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm looking forward to making this Halloween the best one I've had in a long time. It's on a Saturday, which makes things even better. And in seven weeks (maybe less) decorations will start popping up in stores. It's hard to believe the season is almost here.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Grim Reaper
Zombie

Post by Grim Reaper » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Halloween on Saturday of this year would be great? I hope so.... Because all of so many adult parties, clubbing, etc. Well, where are all the kids go???

I believe they will put them to their own favorite babysitters, grandparents, etc. while some are going out for good times on that evening of Halloween Sat night! What do you say???

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:51 pm

The adults coming to our party will bring their kids with them. We're going to hire a few babysitters and the kids will have a big sleep over, just like their parents.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

darkangel
Ghost

Post by darkangel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 pm

gidget wrote:i am waiting for the aussie dollar to get stronger against the american so i can buy a couple of bucky skeletons. but still need to find a site that ships to aussie without charging a arm and a leg.

check them out!

WWW.WONDERCOSTUMES.COM
I have a couple of international friends who have found this website to be quite affordable.
They have a variety of party supplies and costumes for this great holiday!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 am

Well, I'm starting a non-profit theater company in the city where I live. The haunt will be an annual fundraiser for it. I have to start from scratch, but that's ine. I still have some of my stuff from before.

Doing a haunt as a non-profit will enable me to offer companies the advantage of sponorship (advertising, exposure) while also letting them have a tax write off for their involvement. Also, I can have more fun rather than souly worrying... about making a profit for myself to feed my family. :D

A Haunted Mansion. That is the plan. ;)

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 am

Well for one thing finally no stupid election!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I am hoping for more Haunted TV programing this fall, Really work hard on improving my decorations and making my house look cool and spooky. Lots of Candy and pumpkin pie and cool interior decorations. I think I will spend a little bit more on decorations as last year I only spent including candy about $45 But I had a Bunch of Items before this and now I am going to Improve the same theme I have every year Haunted Graveyard. I add some good music and good props so it should look pretty good this year.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:15 am

Halloween is also on a Saturday this year. So I wont have to use up a vacation day, all though I will probably take the friday before off so I can make preperations.

Mike

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 pm

I am actually looking for a Halloween in general this year. In 2007 my fiance had drill, and last year his grandmother passed away. I want to truly enjoy the entire Halloween season this year. I want to go to haunted houses and have bonfires with friends. I want to take walks at night among the fall leaves and feel the crisp air on my face. I want a real party where everyone is excited to be there and the costumes are fantastic!

Maybe that is asking for too much :(
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

EDGAR FROG
Crypt Keeper

Post by EDGAR FROG » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Going to spend more time with my niece's and nephew doing more traditional activitys such as making candy apples really looking forward to that. Also I want to have a really great costumes I have three in mind. Might even were all three make Halloween a three day event.
It's not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us. They opened their eyes and talked.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:20 am

You just gave me a great idea, SpookShow. I am going to try to get some scrap wood together and hve a 'back yard" Halloween bonfire next October. I think that would be a lot of fun for some of my neighbors, and for me as well. I did thaat one year. The year I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled. They tore otu all the cabenets to replace them with new ones, and I had a ball burning all that scrap wood. I was around mid October. One of my neigobors brought over a jack o'lantern, and then a child showed up in a costume. About half an hour later one of the local teenagers brought a portable 'boom box," and the party went on to midnight. It was a Friday night, and it was a real blast.

One of the best times I ever had with my neighbors.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master

Post by shanda » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:58 am

This year I am really looking for something amazing! Something unique!
I like to assenble my own props.
I want that carved pumpkin that everyone want to come see.
I want the yard that is on everyone's "must see" list.
If anyone has any ideas or websites that would help me, Please let me know! I am planning a huge (200 guests) party/ haunted hay ride this year. I need some fabulously spooky ideas!!! :twisted:
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie