Elphaba

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Elphaba

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Has anyone seen the broadway show "Wicked". It's based on the Wizard of Oz but it's showing how Elphaba (the "wicked" witch of the west) isn't really evil. Has anyone ever heard of her? She's the witch in my avatar. :)
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Re: Elphaba

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 pm

I have never seen the musical but I'm reading the book and it's great! I'm still 1/2 into it and so far it's really good. Wizard of Oz is my favorite of all time, I'm a collector. Do you collect too? They had the Madame Alexander dolls from McDonalds that I got, they had them last year and then this year they were different.
The Night HE Came Home

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:20 pm

I've seen Wizard of OZ movie many, many times. But that "Wicked" I've never heard about this one.

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I LOVE wicked and the wizard of oz. I've read the book but I'm seeing the play this December when I go to New Yourk- I'm sooo excited!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Wow! Good luck with a trip to NY, Halloween_Crazyy! :D

So, are you going to see "Wicked" playshow or what?

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Well i'm a broadway fanatic so I'm see the Wicked play, I'm also seeing legally blonde and mamma mia.

theicewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by theicewitch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 pm

My Cousin has seen it a few times, she loves it. I am more a book kind of witch myself, I found it a great read as well as the authors other books.

benjamindaymon
Zombie

Post by benjamindaymon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 am

I discovered the book by chance, years ago when it first came out... The author, Gregory Maguire, weaves a bold, new tale of Oz that's based on the Frank Baum classic, but this time tells the tale from the witch's point of view rather than Dorothy. Everything from the geography to the characters is re-examined in much greater depth and detail.

Makes ya' stop and think...

You're in your own homeland and an outsider comes along... She flies her house down and lands it square on top of your sister... When you arrive on the scene, you discover not only is your sibling dead, but the one who killed her has stolen her shoes and won't return them.

How would you like them poison apples? lol

Check it out... It's an awesome story. Well worth the time of any Wizard of Oz fan.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 pm

I thought that was Elphaba. One of my friends is really into Broadway musicals. She can name most any tune from just about every musical in just a few notes. I haven't personally read the book or seen the musical... I live somewhat vicariously through my friend... but I do know who Elphaba is. I also know Wicked beat out Les Miserables in box office sales on Broadway.

Didn't the singer/actress playing Elphaba in the original Broadway Wicked musical retire?

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:56 pm

I love the original Oz story, but wicked is so cool, I can't decide what I like better!