October!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Aww thank you Cadaverino you are such a sweetie :D

I'm just into the second day of October and I can say that sadly, the first of October was a very long and tiring day and the theme of the day was...grey. The sky was completely grey ALL DAY and it rained consistently ALL DAY and I spent all day in a concrete jungle :roll: And the Brighton Asda had hardly any Halloween stuff out, so it wasn't the best Autumn day - BUT I feel today will be a much better day :)

And of course, no amount of rain can dampen my Autumn/Halloween spirit ;)

Wicked
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:21 pm

Happy OCTOBER!

This is the month we've all been waiting for!
~ do you think me wicked? ~

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Sounds like a Wicked time MammaHooch, maybe one day we can go for a ride together in the magic pumpkin :D :wink:

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 pm

A gray and rainy 1st of October here too, magickbean. That's when I visit my virtual October:

Fall into Autumn. Click on "View as a slideshow" in the upper right, and put on some relaxing music. (I'm listening to some Spanish guitar music.)

Ahhhhhhh. . . . . how beautiful is autumn!

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:24 am

Yay Octomber is here i am so happy :D so happy, a little bit and halloween is here :D:D:D:D:D
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Tapsgirl
Zombie

Post by Tapsgirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:03 am

HAPPY OCTOBER TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's
sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth
boil and bubble.

Dr Strange

Halloween Spirit......gone??

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 am

Man, I have been on this board since June and have been waiting for this month with much excitement, but I have to tell you I am not feeling it anymore. I just don't have that Halloween spirit in me. I barely had the urge to even type this, it's all gone.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:17 pm

Say it isn't so Doc! :( You're one of my favorite posters and have been notorious for your Halloween spirit. What do you think it is? Is it the business trip that's got you down? And more importantly is there anything we can do to revive that spirit? :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Ahh, the last thing you people need is to hear from my mopey arse. You ever just get to a point where none of it matters?

I kind of didn't want to get into this but my youngest son is having dental surgery tomorrow and I'm all twisted up over this. That boy is my light and my joy. I know everything is going to be okay but geez, he's only six; he doesn't need to be going through this garbage.

I'm going to buy the new DC SuperFriends Batmobile for him after work so we can give it to him tomorrow afterwards, try to cheer him up a bit, but it feels hollow. I want to make this better, I want to make it so he doesn't have to do this. I'm his daddy, and that's what I'm supposed to do, protect him.
I keep thinking about him being wheeled away and I can't force myself to stay calm about it all. When that boy was born it was like my heart was pulled out and placed on my arm and it's just so vulnerable. I'm never not worrying about him, you know? I'm never not wondering where he is or if he's okay.
I know we're blessed and I know he's healthy and I know it could be worse, but he's my boy and I don't want this for him. Becoming a father was the single most life changing experience of my life and the power of that birth six years ago still resonates in me; it's just so powerful.

What tha hell am I talking about??? I am so sorry for all this but I don't have the heart to delete it, so again, sorry.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:24 pm

Don't ever be sorry for sharing with your Halloween family. What kind of friends would we be if we only wanted the good times?? My daughter had her appendix taken out the day of the Columbine killings. She was only 6 years old too. That day was horrid but we got through it. You will feel so much better once your little one is wheeled OUT of surgery. We'll all be praying for you. {{{Hugs}}}
Don't drink and fly...

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Yeah, LawP is right...real friendships have to involve more than just Halloween and the lighthearted conversation sometimes, and anytime anybody here needs to share a worry or a problem, I'm all for it because it's so nice to feel support-helps take some of the weight off, you know?

I'm very glad your son has a Dad that loves him so much, he knows that too, so you will certainly be helping make his day a lot easier tomorrow even though it will be so difficult for you on the inside. Your reassurance will lend him that calm- and afterward, when he smiles and his eyes light up over that Batmobile, all will be perfect again. :)

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:05 pm

I agree, Dr. Strange - we're a Halloween family - there for the bad times as well as the good. I'm sorry to hear that your Halloween spirit has faded; I think you have a lot on your plate at the moment and your energy is directed towards that, which is obviously understandable. I think also that the business trip meaning that you have to go away from your family at the build up to Halloween will have put a damper on things, but hopefully by coming here to the forum you can keep a little of your Halloween spark ;)

I hope your little boy's okay - my prayers are with him as he goes through this. I don't think it matters how old your children get or how small the problem is, you will always feel protective and you will always wish that you were going through the pain rather than them. You're a great Daddy, Dr. Strange - your boy is very lucky to have you and I'm sure he knows it and loves you very much :) *hugs*

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:07 pm

This is the first time I smiled all day. I don't know what to say, other than thank you. You know I look normal on the outside but inside I'm still this awkward, weird kid who never really felt accepted by the "crowd." When someone takes the time to send a kind word and a smile it goes a long way with me.

Thanks again.

(Man do I sound femmy or what?? :? )

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Noooooo, you don't. You don't have to feel awkward or weird here, don't ya realize that yet?... :wink: :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 pm

You can't put a price on making someone smile. :D :D
Don't drink and fly...