Rob Zombie's Officially Halloween Movie!

Discussion of general Halloween topics

How did you like RZ's new Halloween movie?

Two Thumbs Up!
28%
Two Thumbs Down!
39%
Neutral!
22%
I'm not Rob Zombie fan!
11%

Total votes: 18

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:59 pm

Didn't most everyone think that after this the original would be considered even more a classic and RZ's just a re-make?

Ho-hum...

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:51 pm

I didn't mind the movie. I don't recall however watching the original.
I could have lived without the nudity just because there never really is a reason for it, isn't that was XXX is for?
Nudity and cussing has ruined a lot of movies pre-teens or teens could watch.

Guess I don't pay a whole lot of attention to details like some.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 pm

I didn't mind the movie.
That seems to be a common sentiment among those who have seen the movie. I'm sure RZ wanted a more emotional response but apparently his flick doesn't warrant anything more than, "It wasn't too bad."

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:29 pm

I'd probably say that about any movie I watched... :)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:35 pm

I have a good question for you people!

When RZ's Halloween movie comes to DVD, I'd say around in December, with "Unrated Version", are you going to rent it to see or not? Well, for me, yes!!!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:37 pm

I'd borrow it from someone, but I don't see me buying this; at least not until it hits the $7.50 or below mark.

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm

It's not the type of movies we buy usually..we don't buy a whole lot, kids stuff mostly. We don't rent either.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:04 am

Well I will most likely rent it or borrow it even though it wasn't what I expected. No I didn't think it was great but yes I would give it another go as there were bits and pieces in it I did like and sometimes I find I like movies more the second or third time around.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:08 am

Oh yes and with all the boobs and make out sessions in the movie... I too thought it was a bit much granted there are a lot of boobs and scenes like that in the older 70's - 80s movies, I suppose that is just one of the elements in the movies back then so funny or cheesey or well just the classics but to see that kind of stuff now, its true, wasn't needed to that degree in my opinion. Nothing to <deleted> I know but I have to say it almost out weights letting younger viewers watch it over the gore and suspense part.... hmmm.. maybe not but anyway it just wasn't protrayed in a realistic light but I suppose thats what make up horror movies huh... a series of unrealistic and rediculous scenes and events that make some get freaked out... some get scared... some get appauled and well others not like the Horror genre....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:10 am

So, were there more scares or breasts?? :lol:

Maybe I've misjudged this movie.... :wink:

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:31 am

If I recall, I think the breasts clearly out weighed the scares. :shock:

And now that I think of it, it may not have been so bad. :wink: :lol:
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:09 am

I will buy it once comes out on DVD and no it's not for the boobs, I have my own. But since I'm a member of Columbia House I can get it for around $9 if I buy another DVD or I can just use my funcash and get it for free. Either way it's better then paying $9 for one person to see it once.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Tidytourniquet wrote:I will buy it once comes out on DVD and no it's not for the boobs, I have my own.
I heard a male comedian once say if he had breasts he'd never leave the house. :wink:

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:13 pm

In Re: Renting Halloween 2007 when it hits DVD.

I will not ever waste another cent or second on that ridiculous piece of <deleted>. Watching it once was two times too many. And if I ever see Mr. Zombie on the street, I'm going to politely ask he reimburse my $8.25.

The only good thing that happened during that movie was I got to tell some punk 16 year old, who was loudly conversing with his buddies in the back row like they were watching this cinematic turd at home on the couch, to "shut the f**k up". It was hilarious, him sitting back there like a tough guy with his friends and the only response he could muster was a meek "okay". That felt great.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:14 pm

That's a funny story, sorry about the $9 you're out.