do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tanakhenstien
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?

Post by tanakhenstien » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 am

I was once at my sister's workplace, and seems that she and her friend wanted to go stay at a haunted bed and breakfast. I think the place had a bathroom that smelled like haunted cigar smoke, or something of that nature. Anyway, we talked about her new found atheism, and her friend asked about her past fascination with all things gothic, and the clash that the world of fantasy and witchcraft meeting the world of abject reasoning.

How could she reason between all of her gothy passions and her rejection of christianity, and the abusive and hateful things we had been taught? The answer was simpl enough; I said, "imagine the soul as being yourself, not a segment, but a reflection. This reflection exists within you, but it only linked to your but simple background influence, and by way of occupancy of the same space in the universe and in time. [time is only an illusion, btw] The closest equivalent to the soul-being link is that of the radio wave. Notice that at all points we are bombarded with different waves, all of their own wattages and frequencies. We can selectively tune into one range or another through a tuner, a sort of selective tank circuit . As with the modulation of the radio waves lets us tune in and experience the select bits we wish, so do accidents happen by way of static and frequency bordering. One station bleeds into the next. It is only rarely, through some yet unknown means, that we can bleed into the other world, the other reality. It may be a parrellel universe, or an illusion, but we can experience it, if only for a moment's time. This is the world of ghosts - it's just an accidental bleeding, into - or out of - the void of our world."

she rather liked that idea... and to this very day, if I hold aluminium foil near a window at midnight, I hear mariachi music.

MattD666
Ghost

Post by MattD666 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Yes. Here's a true experience that I've had. One time, I was home alone. I was about 16 or 17 at the time. The family had gone out while stayed home to work on my German homework. Now, I should explain something. My younger sister has a solid mahogony bedroom set. The drawers from the dresser slide in and out very easily. So I was down stairs listening to music while I was doing homework and I heard her drawers slide open and close by themselves, slamming. I tried to ignore it but it kept happening. I turned up the music and it happened again. I happened about 8 times with multiple drawers opening and closing at the same time. I was terrified. I paused the music and sat outside until everyone got home. I've experienced a few other things in this house before. For instance, I've heard the shuffling of boxes, a glass flying across the counter and breaking on the floor, the blinds flying up and spinning multiple time (while we were talking about my dead grandmother not too long after her death), we've heard voices coming from the attic/hide away, footsteps, a large painting (approx 3 feet x 4 feet) fell in the dinning room and broke. We took pictures and caught some orbs. Usually whenever we experience something we take pictures and catch something. I should also mention that we have a lot of antiques in the house. The mid section of the stairs is the mid section piece from a Victorian home believed to be haunted. We have antique keys, bed warmers, an antique phone, photos, etc. We also salvaged a captains chair and some paintings from the Belleview Biltmore hotel which is also believed to be haunted. I think it was actually demolished due to termite damage but sections of the building may have been salvaged and moved. I've had many experiences. I should also mention that we have 3 people's remains as well.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:04 am

I believe in ghosts, but I like to keep things open ended too...

Experienced a few strange things that I couldn't outright explain. I know I've posted those stories on several occasions, but I got tired of writing it so I posted it in a blog I co-author... and haven't written in much since I had kiddos.

Fort Lowell Ghost:
https://4girlsandaghost.wordpress.com/2 ... n-arizona/

Devil's Den:
https://4girlsandaghost.wordpress.com/2 ... evils-den/

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:36 am

I just read through this thread again and thought I'd give it a bump, as we are heading into the spooky season.

Don't know if I've ever talked about it here, but I have a sort of history with the Alamo, which I've visited three times, at age 11, 13, and 26. Each time I have felt some kind of presence there, like nowhere else I've ever been. Now, I am not really into Texas history, nor had I ever watched any movies on that subject as a child. And the Alamo is tiny, smack dab in the middle of downtown, and overrun by tourists. IOW, not at all conducive to spooky feelings. But I swear there is a presence there that just reaches out and grabs me every time I go.

harveylogan
Ghost

Post by harveylogan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 am

off-course!! I believe in Ghost only when Halloween is coming :lol:

batwomaN
Ghost

Post by batwomaN » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 am

I love ghosts and that why I also love Halloween!!!

MickelC
Ghost

Post by MickelC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:18 am

Yes . There are ghost in my room. I am not joking....
I can feel them moving at night but the good thing is they don't disturb me.