Need decorating ideas

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Halloween rose
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Need decorating ideas

Post by Halloween rose » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:45 am

I recently downgraded from a house with a huge front yard to a second floor apartment. I'm happy about the move, the upkeep on the apartment is so much easier than the house. The problem is since I can't decorate the outside anymore, I gave away all of my decorations, including the small amount of indoor decorations (I always concentrated on the yes, so other than a throw blanket, candy dishes, and table placemats, I didn't really do anything inside.

Now inside is all I have and I'm afraid I'll go overboard and make my apartment look like a big cluttered mess, which is exactly what my husband doesn't want. He also doesn't want fake cobwebs, which I'm fine with. I can only imagine what my cats would do to those. So if anyone has some great ideas, I'm all ears. I'll be scouting the dollar stores, big lots, and Walmart (Halloween city and party city are a little out of my price range right now).

jadewik
Halloween Master

Re: Need decorating ideas

Post by jadewik » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:56 am

We'll need more to go on. What style of Halloween are you looking for? Cute? Gothic? Gore?... any theme for this year?

Dark and Stormy
Zombie

Post by Dark and Stormy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Orange lights were my favorite decor I had when i lived in an apartment. The orange glow sets a mood and they take up pretty much no space. We put them in our archways but around the windows would be nice too.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Things hanging from the ceiling comes to mind. And wall decorations. Maybe cover the furniture with black or white sheets. A black light in the closet or in a nook.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am

Those pictures that change when you walk by them could be hung on the walls. Or perhaps some wall decals/signs.