Can You Feel It?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Can You Feel It?

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 am

Andybev01 wrote:I'm about 35 miles south of 'the city' in Palo Alto.

The best time to visit San Francisco is fall or spring, it can be pretty unpleasant in the summer.
I've been in Palo Alto years ago, when I had a friend at Stanford. My son probably isn't going to get there this trip. He was visiting friends at Cal Davis, and is now staying with people near Berkeley. Later this week he will be in the LA area, visiting my cousins there.

He has loved San Francisco, I think. I always did, too. But I get what people are saying about its being too expensive to live out there now. My cousins, born and bred Californians, are feeling the pinch, too, I think, or at least their kids are. Some of them are having trouble finishing up college because classes they need to graduate have been cut or drastically reduced in section numbers (budgetary reasons).

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:34 pm

I may have to look it up. Ok, I just did on iTunes, Steve Martin makes up for having Sarah Jessica Parker. lol ;-)

Internet is down here so I've been connecting wirelessly which means streaming the movie isn't a good idea for tonight.
Andybev01 wrote:I forgot about that movie!

I love the scene where the group gives their coffee orders to the waiter, the part where he drives to his girlfriends' house (next door) and the name of the resort; Pollo Del Mar!
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:31 am

I tend to hold on to Summer, even when I am doing something to prepar for Halloween. I love the 4th of July, barbecues, the beach and my motorcycle. I absolutely HATE Winter, and oddly enough, as much as I love Halloween, there is the thought in the back of my head that January and February, the two worst months of the year for me, are just around the corner.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

I feel ya there Mike! but its nice to swap in the ole Zebco 33 for the 30-30 for a while
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:51 am

I use a 12 Gauge Winchester, but I never really got into fishing. I don't have the patience. But I can see what you mean. I Love Spring, Summer and Fall. Winter is just too long, boring and cold for me, and last Winter was particularly nasty with all the health problems I had.

At any rate, I do plan to enjoy Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas (in it's season, not in August or September). I would love to have a time machine so I can skip through January and February and go right to March.

Mike

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 am

the Spirit store already had their store sign up a few days ago and the Dollar Tree has some Halloween stuff! I can't wait till all the back to school stuff is gone! LOL
The Night HE Came Home

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:35 am

ilovemichaelmyers wrote:the Spirit store already had their store sign up a few days ago and the Dollar Tree has some Halloween stuff! I can't wait till all the back to school stuff is gone! LOL

man I wish a SPIRIT store or Halloween City would come to the Valley. all we have are a couple of dollar stores and Wal-Mart :/ which is why most of my décor is home made

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 am

Well well... ILMM! Been a while. How was the Star Trek convention? Admit it. I know you went.

Adrian, be proud. Halloween was so much better before all these mass-produced decorations. Doesn't stop me from walking through the Spirit stores drooling like Egor in a brain market though.

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Even though I am trying to not accept it the bug has latched on. I am going to drive by after work to see if they have the Spirit Halloween store sign up yet. A few nights ago the local haunted house at the furniture store was testing their strobe lighting. It's more of an expensive haunted house for an alright haunted house but I have been to better for sure. But it is still nice to see them getting started.

Today I am going to put up all my paintball gear for sale. I just do not use it enough to be able to play constantly. I instead want to put some of it in the bank and I was able to talk my parents into letting me buy a Halloween mask that I would use over and over each year especially if I work haunted houses. I was hoping to get a nice Michael Myers mask but I am not sure what my favorite one is. I love the classic mask from Halloween by John Carpenter but I also love the Buried Series ones or the Dream Sequence from Halloween and Halloween 2 by Rob Zombie. What would you pick?

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm

NeverMore wrote:

Adrian, be proud. Halloween was so much better before all these mass-produced decorations. Doesn't stop me from walking through the Spirit stores drooling like Egor in a brain market though.
me too! all the stuff I want that they have is too expensive and what I can afford is <deleted>

William
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by William » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I can feel in here in Bucharest, already the mornings are a bit chilly, and in the evening a cold wind is upon the city, and i love it, i can't wait for autumn to come! Those colors, the rain, makes you think and be zen with yourself
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:43 pm

It is truly hard to explain. I think of it as a spirit. One that takes over me. You can see it in the wind and in the trees. You just have to let it take over and enjoy the ride. The best way I can describe it is this: When viewing Halloween 2 (2009) you see Michael Myers walking through a corn field wearing a hood heading towards Haddonfield. That is how I describe it.

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 am

I just might start seeing pumpkins for sale as early as Monday September 2nd. I overheard the manager of my local grocery store talking about it and I could have sworn he said September 2nd, which is a Monday.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:38 am

Mike, our local producers have already brought out the pumkin crates :) i'm so excited! I wish we would've taken pictures of the watermelon we carved this summer

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

I would love to have seen that watermelon, Adrian. It's also great that you can already start buying pumpkins. I plan to carve my first jack o'lantern on October 1st.

Mike