Early Halloween Sightings!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Early Halloween Sightings!

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I'll probably go see it at the Morris Cinema this Saturday after I get home from my video shoot.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:10 pm

2013!

It's official. I have my first sighting of the year. Micheal's, of course, in Mission Valley. They had some Halloween decor on the end shelves. The only craft stuff I spotted was the artificial pumpkins. I guess so people can do their flower arrangements for the fall?

I also stopped at a dollar store and they were in the process of stocking an isle with Halloween goodies. I bought a Frankenstein window cling. People in line were groaning that they are already pushing Halloween on us. I just looked at them with a huge grin and a crazy look in my eyes. They quickly shut up.

Probably looked a little like this to them...

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 am

The people in line who were moaning about the Halloween merchandise comming out in July are probably the first ones in line when the Christmas merchandise is displayed in October.

Speaking of early sightings, I was at my local grocery store, and there was a notice on their bullitin board about a Halloween party at the Village Hall in October. It's supposed to feature a "haunted house," snacks, candy, a costume contest and a jack o'lantern carving contest. The party is not planned for the big day itself, but for the Saturday before. Oct 26th. I just might go check it out, all though I think it's going to be more geared for children.

As for Halloween merchandise, I still haven't seen any, but I'm pretty sure I will next week. The local Dollar store and the local drug store puts out the Halloween stuff in the last week of July, and the traditional Halloween candy (i.e. corn candy, popcorn balls, etc) are usualy on the shelvs no later then the 1st of 2nd of September.

Mike

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I was actually in Michael's around July 4th, and I actually saw a few halloween wreaths, and few Halloween flags to go along with some of the fall leaves they put out. It's super early but fine by me!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Yeah, I saw fall merchandise in a Hobby Lobby in June. I saw a Halloween wreath for sale at a craft fair last weekend.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

The only thing I have seen so far is the grocery stores all have their big bags of candy out on display...Haven't really seen any decor yet.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 am

Went to Michael's today to look for Command Strips to hang artwork. Upon departure, I had no Command Strips in my bag, but I found something even better Halloween Window Clings

Yes, I became sidetracked, and YES, Michael's is slowly, but surely stocking their shelves with the goodies we're all beginning to get a hankering for. This particular Michael's had the decorative leaves/wreaths out in addition to window clings, various hanging decorations, and the foam looking houses/creatures that I'm assuming architecturally inclined Halloween connoisseurs put together. These items were displayed upon a small island in the middle of an aisle, adjacent to where the bulk of the stock is usually placed in the coming days/weeks.

Michael's always brings the goods in bite sized pieces. It's long been a simple pleasure of mine since childhood (when Michael's was known as MJ Designs) to pop in a couple times of month from mid-July through October to enjoy the process. A small tradition that it sounds like many of us share.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am

The Dollar Store in my town is having a clearance sale of some of last year's left over Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter merchandise, but the Halloween items were pretty much picked over.

When I went into the drug store to fill a prescription last week, there were already Halloween greeting cards in cargons waiting to be stocked on the shelvs.

Mike

WantToBelieve
Ghost

Post by WantToBelieve » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 am

On Saturday, August 3, the Yankee Candle store here in RI is having the debut of their Halloween line and the sales associates are going to wear costumes.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:20 pm

WantToBelieve wrote:On Saturday, August 3, the Yankee Candle store here in RI is having the debut of their Halloween line and the sales associates are going to wear costumes.
You gonna go check it out? Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 pm

NeverMore wrote:
WantToBelieve wrote:On Saturday, August 3, the Yankee Candle store here in RI is having the debut of their Halloween line and the sales associates are going to wear costumes.
You gonna go check it out? Pictures, or it didn't happen.

I have to agree with Nevermore pics or it didn't happen.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Sorry everybody about my long absence. I've been busy with work, plus preparing for my new little monster, then after she was born(on June 26th) I have had little time left for Halloween.com :(. However after spotting a Halloween display in Buy Buy Baby(a baby super store if you don't have them near you). ToT pails, books, monster headbands I had to snag a pic for you all. This was back on the 12th. Additionally my wife was in Michael's and they have Halloween stuff out as well. She wanted to look at some of it but it was near eucalyptus which she is alergic to so she couldn't get a closer look at anything. If she had I'm sure we'd have a new purchase.
Attachments
Buy Buy Baby display.
Buy Buy Baby display.
Buy Buy Baby.jpg (241.28 KiB) Viewed 14450 times

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:46 pm

I guess your wife can't bring your lil' monster ToTing at my house. I have eucalyptus trees all over the place. Too bad. More candy for me!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Well Nevermore seeing as according to Google(who knows ALL) it is a 40 hour drive(in current traffic conditions) from my town to yours we'll probably pass. Besides there are plenty of places to go ToTing in my town it's just my street is a semi main road and there's only a sidewalk on the opposite side so we get two groups if we're lucky. :(

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Demonic Duck wrote:Well Nevermore seeing as according to Google(who knows ALL) it is a 40 hour drive(in current traffic conditions) from my town to yours we'll probably pass. Besides there are plenty of places to go ToTing in my town it's just my street is a semi main road and there's only a sidewalk on the opposite side so we get two groups if we're lucky. :(
Ah, the west coast, I'm always jealous of you fellows when my Halloween night is over, your's is still going strong. #timezoneenvy