Halloween Activities so far?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Activities so far?

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 am

It rained all night so instead of going out, the GF and I stayed in, lit up a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle, turned on some Halloween lights and curled up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a horror movie marathon. Great way to spend the second to last night of September!

What Halloween activities have you had so far?

wh2205
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Activities so far?

Post by wh2205 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 am

I am still stuck in Japan so it’s hard to get into the spirit, but my wife is great she has already gotten both of our kid’s costumes. (a princess and a pirate)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Do any Japanese people celebrate? I would think they'd appreciate something as unusual as Halloween.

About the only activity I've partaken in so far, besides growing pumpkins, is listening to some Halloween music while I work on the computer.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I am working on a decoupage pumpkin, and doing some painting on some of my projects. Otherwise not too much, am am starting to get some of my home decor out, thats a start. :wink:

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Nothing much other than some shopping and minor decorating.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am

I go to Halloween farm activity Saturday and began to make a spider web yesterday for the yard display.
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:00 pm

After I get the vaccuming done and the decorations up, I am going to screen the original Boris Karlov version of "Frankenstein." I also may light a fire in my fire place, like I did last Saturday. It dipped down into the 30s, so the fire felt good, and during the Halloween season, there's something very "Halloween" about a fire in the fire place in a 102 year old house.

Mike

ScarecrowJack
Haunt Master

Post by ScarecrowJack » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

This Saturday I'm hoping to hit a local Halloween craft fair called Halloweird, and a local metro park is doing a bonfire with hay rides, storytellers and food in the evening. I so can't wait. :D
We're the farmer's scarecrows
We scare away the birds,
We keep the farmer's corn safe
Without any words.
But when Halloween comes
We jump out of the ground
And we scare the boys and girls
When they come walking 'round.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Sounds great. I'm sure you'll get some great stuff at the craft fair.

whatsername90
Crypt Keeper

Post by whatsername90 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 am

We've been celebrating in small ways for the past few weeks, but we started doing at least one activity a day since the 1st of October.

On the 1st we had hot apple cider and pumpkin cheesecake outside to enjoy the fairly nice weather, on the 2nd we went to Pumpkin Park here in Houston which has a big pumpkin carriage and pumpkins all over the sidewalks, and then came home and watched "The Omen" remake. And then today I put some of my decorations up.

Its been fun so far. I'm really looking forward to some Haunted Houses in the next week or so also.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 am

My growing black kitten leaping from no where and climbing up my esposed skin like a rope only to defuse my anger with his adorability. There's my halloween activity.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Monday I put up all my decorations and screened the original "Frankenstein," then on Tuesday I worked late, but lit up all my 'spookies' while I screened an episode of "Xena the Warior Princess" (A guilty pleasure of mine" ) Yesterday I didn't go into work because I had to wait for the telephone guy to hook me up to A T & T, but I screened "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" while I waited for him, and then I sent out my Grim Reaper package. Today I am going to see "House at the End of the Street" at the Morris Cinema, then after a long day tomorrow I am going to screen "THe Blair Witch PRoject."

Mike

JonH
Crypt Keeper

Post by JonH » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

we've gotten off to a pretty good start here, the house is 90% decorated inside & out (just a little bit to do downstairs), and we've already done a big screening w/ friends of "Trick R Treat" last Saturday night (the atmosphere in a way-over-decorated house is perfect for that movie). This Saturday we're going to the haunted theme park "Creepyworld" here in St. Louis, this year 1 of its 9 attractions is a hayride where you get to shoot zombies with paintballs.

loveshalloween
Ghost

Post by loveshalloween » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 am

So far I have driven everyone mad by constantly talking about new ideas.
I have aslo been though all my old decs and bought and made some new ones- the eyeballs were particularly good!!
I now have 3 big boxes full -far more than Xmas stuff!!!
Sent invites out yesterday for my party -home made of course. I have been taking photos of everything Ive done so far :)

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 am

loveshalloween wrote:So far I have driven everyone mad by constantly talking about new ideas.
I have aslo been though all my old decs and bought and made some new ones- the eyeballs were particularly good!!
I now have 3 big boxes full -far more than Xmas stuff!!!
Sent invites out yesterday for my party -home made of course. I have been taking photos of everything Ive done so far :)
Could you post some pic's I would love to see them, and welcome to the forum!!

JonH it sounds like you are way ahead of me, I would love to pic's of your haunt too, I love to decorate!!