Least Fun Halloween Memory

Discussion of general Halloween topics
ScarecrowJack
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Least Fun Halloween Memory

Post by ScarecrowJack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Mike, I'm sorry you had such a wretched time in New Lennox. I've lived in places like that, ones that just sap your soul. It's rough. But at least you escaped.
We're the farmer's scarecrows
We scare away the birds,
We keep the farmer's corn safe
Without any words.
But when Halloween comes
We jump out of the ground
And we scare the boys and girls
When they come walking 'round.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 pm

7th grade was the last time I went TOTing too. I guess the fact I was starting my "teens" made me a bit self conscious too. I really kind of got out of halloween all together. When I was in 8th through 12th grade, I was playing football and deer hunting during October......Oh yea! Chasing girls too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I got to college I was wanting to get crazy with halloween, but as a freshman on the football team you had to "act" a certain way....Or so I thought!

I "snuck" off to a halloween party one Saturday night after one of our homegames, and realized that 70% of the football team was there, and the other 30% was at other parties.

After that it was me playing the part of Riff Raff at our own screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show every halloween! Not to brag, but I think I was pretty good! I wanted to be Dr Frank-N- Furter, but my legs would have driven everyone wild! LOL!! :lol: :shock: :P :oops:

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:07 am

"Hot patootie, ;bless my soul!"
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 am

ScareCrowJack, Thanks. There are a lot of places like that, but as you point out, I escaped, and things have been pretty darn good for me in the long run. In fact, I've actualy had a pretty decent life, which like everyone else, had it's bad moments. Living in New Lenox was one of those bad moments.

VanHelsing, I'm kicking myself for doing that, because the vast majority of my class mates in the 7th grade and the 8th graders ahead of me all went ToTing. Even a lot of the high school kids came to the door with costumes and ToT bags. I never gave up on Halloween, though. I celebrated it in other ways.

Mike