Decorations Watch

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Demonic Duck
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Decorations Watch

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Home Goods now has stuff out and Spirit Halloween has popped up and said they'll be open end of August.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 pm

We have a couple Halloween stores already open but I worked on the house all day yesterday and am going to a Padres game today so no time to check them out.

I spotted my first Spirit store. Looks like it opens at the end of the month. It's my mission every year to find all the Spirit stores around town. Usually 10 to 12 of them. Some will have different goods than others but usually everything's the same.

Shadows Symphony
Vampire

Post by Shadows Symphony » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 pm

I was just at Walmart, and they just started getting Fall decorations up. Nothing for Halloween. I haven't had a chance to see when our Spirit Halloween opens yet. I can't believe it's almost that time of year again!!
If you want to hear some new Halloween/Horror Music... http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowsSymp ... ature=mhee

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

My wife picked up a halloween candle yesterday from a wholesale store here in England. It was last year's stock in a sale though.

Generally we won't see anything until the middle - end of Sept at the earliest & that will be mainly in supermarkets / fancy dress stores. We don't have dedicated stores. :x We get most of our decorations online. In fact i'm searching on some sites right now! :wink:

I'm sooooo jelous of you Americans. :D
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Murf, I didn't do much swimming either, but I had plenty of fun on my Harley. Even with the miserable heat we had, I still had a ball, but of course, I have the "new motorcycle" extitment jitters. I still do in a way. For my vacation, I did a lot of riding around. I went on two 'haunted road trips,' but they turned out to be bummers as far as the haunted plases were concerned, but lots of fun riding there on my bike. I was hoping to creep you all out with some 'haunted road trip'h photos, though.

I did drive the bike up to the Warren Dunes in Michigan. My plan was to camp there for 3 days, but the heat was so horible I just couldn't do it. To boot, some drunken idiot almost flattened my tent with an ATV, so I paked it in and went home the very same night I arrived. Lake Michigan was beautiful and I had a nice swim. I also had a ncie motorcycle ride, but forget about the tent sleeping when it's that hot.

Mike

joossa
Master Reaper

Post by joossa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:17 pm

At Walgreens, the seasonal aisle was filled with back-to-school items. However on the top of the shelves were Halloween items! I picked up a set of 3 21in tombstones for $10. They had tons of those creepy jack-in-the-box from last year, lots of plastic ToT pumpkin pails, light up jack-os, tombstones in three sizes, some 3-4ft figures (clown, witch, and dracula), and a couple of other stuff.

I got a set of 3 21in tombstones for $10. Here's one of them in the plastic:

My local sprit is beginning to set up. The sign in the front mentioned that they are hiring and that the are opening in September. Here is the pic:

Michaels had a ton of stuff! The talking bust was pretty cool. They also had a skelly groudbreaker that I regret not buying with my 40% off coupon (it was originally $19.99). They had the tall, medium, and small craft pumpkins in both orange and white all for 30% off. I picked up a medium one to see how well I can carve it. Then if things go well, I will go back and get a tall one.

-Joel from Southern California

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:14 am

Yes, our Michael's is full-throttle Halloween now. Also, my husband & I went to Lowe's this weekend, and they have a couple of aisles of yard decorations out. Some of them are quite nice. I loved the spooky tree with purple lights as well as a life-size, light-up vulture.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah, I was surprised at how early walgreens is this year. They're usually in mid September I think. A dollar store that's also been late in the past has some stuff out too. I'm glad to see Halloween get more attention this year. Who wants tgo see Christmas in the summer?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:Yeah, I was surprised at how early walgreens is this year. They're usually in mid September I think. A dollar store that's also been late in the past has some stuff out too. I'm glad to see Halloween get more attention this year. Who wants tgo see Christmas in the summer?
I know what you mean about Christmas.

There's a card shop near where I live already selling Christmas cards. :shock: :x Never seen them in there this early before!
Yours in haunting;

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 pm

There's a card shop near where I live already selling Christmas cards. Never seen them in there this early before!
Grrrrrrrrr! They're competing for all the glamour! This is war! We must build an army! Quick! Everyone get your knight costumes!
~Nicholas Gordon

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:
There's a card shop near where I live already selling Christmas cards. Never seen them in there this early before!
Grrrrrrrrr! They're competing for all the glamour! This is war! We must build an army! Quick! Everyone get your knight costumes!
Rising Dead Man, perhaps you could assemble an army of the dead & launch wave after wave of attack!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yours in haunting;

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Great idea fellow soldiar in the army of spookiness. And you shall bring forth the army of trick-or-treaters from the depths of the cemeteries!
~Nicholas Gordon

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:Great idea fellow soldiar in the army of spookiness. And you shall bring forth the army of trick-or-treaters from the depths of the cemeteries!
By my command they will arise & avenge this despicable act! :lol:
Yours in haunting;

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

I don't get it. Is my act despicable? I thought you were on my side!
~Nicholas Gordon

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:I don't get it. Is my act despicable? I thought you were on my side!
Oh yea i'm on your side. :) I meant avenge the despicable act of card shops selling Christmas cards already! :wink: :)

We've got to let them know that Halloween is before Christmas!
Yours in haunting;